Author Topic: Avast 5! Floppy Problem  (Read 3723 times)

Pabloaza

Avast 5! Floppy Problem
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:22:37 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I'm from Argentina.
I wanted to know if anyone has the solution to this problem:

I have a computer with Windows 7 64-bit and I installed Avast Internet Security 5 as my antivirus.
The problem I have is that whenever I go to "My Computer" or explore any folder on my computer, the Floppy Drive is activated.
Which is very annoying.
It is not a virus, I already confirmed. This is caused by Avast!, Because I probe uninstalling and the problem dissapears; reinstalling Avast the problem returned.
So, if anyone knows how to disable that option (disable read the floppy), I would be grateful to hear it.

Well, greetings to all! :)
PD: Sorry for the bad english expressions :(

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast 5! Floppy Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:03:17 AM »
There is another thread concerning the same problem.  Maybe you could join the discussion there and see what is common to your machine setups.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56006.0
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

xarti

Re: Avast 5! Floppy Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:56:29 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I'm from Argentina.
I wanted to know if anyone has the solution to this problem:

I have a computer with Windows 7 64-bit and I installed Avast Internet Security 5 as my antivirus.
The problem I have is that whenever I go to "My Computer" or explore any folder on my computer, the Floppy Drive is activated.
Which is very annoying.
It is not a virus, I already confirmed. This is caused by Avast!, Because I probe uninstalling and the problem dissapears; reinstalling Avast the problem returned.
So, if anyone knows how to disable that option (disable read the floppy), I would be grateful to hear it.

Well, greetings to all! :)
PD: Sorry for the bad english expressions :(

Hi, I have had a similar problem that turned out to be the cause of service covers your system files, specifically the fact that I had set all software packaging. Helped to set this feature to the standard settings. :)