Author Topic: Avast 5 updates not appearing in Antivirus log  (Read 4134 times)

Archdeacon

Avast 5 updates not appearing in Antivirus log
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:11:41 AM »
Has the system changed, because I only had the first Avast 5 automatic update log a confirmation in the Antivirus Event Log; all the later ones do not log this at all?
Also has the navigation bar Icon been removed that used to appear during this operation?

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: Avast 5 updates not appearing in Antivirus log
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:19:20 AM »
Has the system changed, because I only had the first Avast 5 automatic update log a confirmation in the Antivirus Event Log; all the later ones do not log this at all?
Also has the navigation bar Icon been removed that used to appear during this operation?

Hi Arch,

Welcome to the forum,

Anyway, what is your Operating system?

I am able to found what does you need is log about system update of avast rite?

I am using Win 7 Home Premium, and i able to found the history of avast update at : C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\log

And i don't understand what is navigation bar icon that you question for?

Cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Archdeacon

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »
The System here is XP Pro SP3. Avast 4.8 always logged a confirmation message in the Antivirus Windows Event Log, as did Avast 5 the first time it updated.
In 4.8 an icon, similar to the yellow Microsoft one which always accompanies updates (so that one knows what is going on - I am on a mobile phone connection paying by the minute and sometimes log off before Avast has finished updating, hence the useful update icon). There used to be a setting to to activate this feature but I cannot find it in the latest version.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:38:59 PM »
There are no longer any entries in the windows event viewer for antivirus with 5.0. Unfortunately that doesn't clear the old entries or antivirus sub-folder in the event viewer. I cleared mine out and as you can see it isn't repopulated, see image.

I can't recall if 5.0 did create an entry for the first update (which given the above I doubt), unless it was related to before it was removed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Archdeacon

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:49:33 AM »
Thanks for the info. Regarding the missing Notification Icon, I will reinstall my FileSystemWatcher on the database folder as I dont want to generate an error by disconnecting whilst an update is in progress. Hopefully we might get the original icon back sometime?