Author Topic: add-in cannot be loaded  (Read 24505 times)

Giri

Re: add-in cannot be loaded
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 06:46:01 AM »
Close Outlook and then I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.

Giri

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 06:49:22 AM »
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007. I tried as per your message down. Still I am getting the error message "Add-in "Avast! 5" cannot be loaded ..........."
Pls help

:)

3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.

k.u.r.t

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:55 PM »
You can check the registry to see where it is trying to locate the add-in.

1. Go to Start>Run> type "regedit"
2. Locate the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions

Under that key you should see "avast! 5" (without quotes). Make sure that this points to the correct location of the dll. On most systems it should say:
4.0;C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\ashOutXt.dll;1;10000111111000

If you see something else then just correct the path and everything should work.

chorito

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
Sometimes the Extend.dat file get messed up for outlook under Application Data, Microsoft, Outlook in your user folder. Usually if you remove them it will recreate the default file addons only and you can reinstall any other addons

Reinstalling avast after fixing the extend.dat file will reinstall the addon so it can work properly.

Glad it all got worked out though. :D

This work for all users under same pc or others pc. Close Outlook and then proceed to DELETE the EXTEND.DAT outlook file under quoted post from "coolsilver". Do the same for each user and restart outlook. The Avast Outlook Plugin will be running totally normal.
I don't think that cheating Outlook with a folder named avast4 and copying the .dll file in it is a clean solution.

Befree

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 04:17:44 AM »
Dear Tech,

Everything went fine until step 5... several times
I got an error and some code=  Return code: 0x000036B1

What would this mean?
I'm really disappointed with this new version, it didn't turn out as former ones... =/

Hammer100

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
Also having the same problem, never had it in V4. Tried all the solutions here but none worked and even reinstalled.

Would have thought that this would have been fixed considering the problem seems to have been around for some time now.

Looking for a new program now.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:57:33 PM by Hammer100 »