Author Topic: Renewal of the key for "Free Avast v. 5"  (Read 5681 times)

Carpadipo

Renewal of the key for "Free Avast v. 5"
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:29 AM »
Allo

I just register in this forum. I speak French because my English is not very good. I tried the link "Goodman77: www.avast-forum-fr.com" in the topic "http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=43142.0" for the forum in French, but no. So I use google to translate.

I have a question, but I do not know if I'm in the right place? If so, please apologize and put the message to the right place.

My question is: "I use free Avast 5.0.507 and my key will expire May 1, 2010. I wonder why I can make a new key request at once?
In less than a month! ? And even with a new key, I can not immediately registered? Could you tell me about it.

Thank you in advance.

Carpadipo

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Renewal of the key for "Free Avast v. 5"
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
When you get nearer to the date avast will notify you to renew until that time you can't manually enter a new key even if you have one or use the avastUI (avast User Interface) to register.

When it is closer to the time, the avastUI will change and the Maintenance, Registration section will allow for either a registration using the UI or manually inserting the registration key if you got it on-line.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security