Author Topic: Avast! Pro AV - "YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT FULLY PROTECTED"  (Read 4784 times)

Merlin777

Avast! Pro AV - "YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT FULLY PROTECTED"
« on: May 23, 2010, 04:30:46 AM »
Hello... have been using Avast! FREE A/V for a few years; just upgraded to PRO today.
The Icon in the tray at the bottom has "exclamation mark" in it...and, says "your system is not fully protected".

When I go to User Interface Current Status, looks like everything is GREEN except:
- Real-time shields (says OFF)
- Silent Gaming Mode (says OFF)
- Mail Shield (big red X and it says OFF)

When I click on "ON"...nothing happens...

When I click on the "FIX NOW" button, nothing happens....

Help/Suggestions please.
Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast! Pro AV - "YOUR SYSTEM IS NOT FULLY PROTECTED"
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 04:37:06 AM »
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:44:30 AM »
Silent Gaming mode should be off by default.

The Mail Shield being off (or any one of the shields) also caused the Real-time shields indication to show Off as this doesn't have a lower level split. I stopped the Mail Shield and that escalates or so it appears in the real-time shields off flag, see image. So the main thing is that the rest of the shields are on and most importantly the File System Shield.

Try a reboot and see if that is enough, if not.
Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

If that doesn't work a clean reinstall would probably be best:
- Download the latest version of avast Pro, 5.0.545 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_pro.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0).
  • 1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 4.8 if previously installed and then for 5.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

If that doesn't
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 04:47:55 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Merlin777

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 05:07:31 AM »
THANKS for the prompt replies !!

Well.....before I do anything.... maybe I should determine if my expectations are correct...
I presume (from using other A/V programs for the past 20 years or so), that if I click on a big button that says "FIX NOW".....that SOMETHING will happen...I'll get SOME type of feedback.... AND, that it will be "fixed"....

And, if something is "flagged" as "wrong" (read: unsafe) because it is OFF....if I click on a button that says "TURN ON" that....yada yada yada...same as above...

Here's a snapshot of my screen....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:20:33 PM »
I presume (from using other A/V programs for the past 20 years or so), that if I click on a big button that says "FIX NOW".....that SOMETHING will happen...I'll get SOME type of feedback.... AND, that it will be "fixed"....
You're right. But sometimes, it does not work... Go figure... http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59997.msg506025#msg506025
The best things in life are free.

Saty

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
.(edit, wrong thread)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:00:55 PM by Saty »