Author Topic: registering yearly  (Read 6060 times)

carzio.1

registering yearly
« on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »
hi,first time every in a forum.i registered avast !4 home edition last mon, apr 20, 2009 o5:40pm and i received confirmation that it was successful. i forgot to insert the license key.but the icon at bottom of screen were working.now it's is pass due for reregistering.
1. without installing the license key into the program was my computer open to vuneralbility for an whole year?now should i go and do the step i missed last year,which was to insert the 2009 license key in program.should i do that step before i register for 2010 or another step,please explain?i already have the step to proceed with the former.
2. every year when i go to do my annual reregistering must i get a new license key every year or use the old license key?
3.I have avast !4home edition what is the next updated home edition and will it be automatically selected for me by default?
4.i am changing dsl companies,so i will be getting a new email address.will there be a problem with reconition of my new registration as oppose to my old registration email address?
5. is there a 1800 number or real time customer service that i could get quick anwers in the future? thanks,jim

6. could you forward your reply to this site as usual and also to carzio.1@gmail.com just in case i can't access it here.as i am new to forums and its operations.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: registering yearly
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »
well if you have avast 4 i would now go for the latest avast 5.... ;)

http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

How to register
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459

4.i am changing dsl companies,so i will be getting a new email address.will there be a problem with reconition of my new registration as oppose to my old registration email address?
if you use an Gmail / Yahoo / Hotmail adress. it will always be the same whatever isp you have  ( and i see you have Gmail )

5. is there a 1800 number or real time customer service that i could get quick anwers in the future? thanks,jim
jepp.....this forum  ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:42:36 PM by Pondus »

waleed101

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »
did you try avast 5 it's more secure and light

carzio.1

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 06:01:19 PM »
please if someone could help today.please refer to questions #1 and #2 for an answer.other questions were answered.and i thank everyone that took time to respone. i am installing a dsl connections but i think that i should install the 5.0 free avast first.so if anyone can help i will appreciate and will be standing by.thanks.jim

JSN

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:25:10 PM »
Hi carzio.1

Go to http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php?lang=ENG , fill up the form, and you will get a valid license key sent to your email.

waleed101

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »
please if someone could help today.please refer to questions #1 and #2 for an answer.other questions were answered.and i thank everyone that took time to respone. i am installing a dsl connections but i think that i should install the 5.0 free avast first.so if anyone can help i will appreciate and will be standing by.thanks.jim

I did answer them, in the other topic you also created about this, that is the problem when you create multiple topics relating to the same thing all the information and answers are spread over those topics.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

carzio.1

where is my license key?
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »
my 2 months trial period is up for 5.0 home edition.i have to make sure it was 5.0,because i had 4.0 the previous year.but the problem is i looked for a email sent from avast to let me know the trail period is up,which i was notified when i booted up,but i don't see the new license key.i am sure i reregistered,how else would i have gotten a trial period.can you tell me where to look to see if i registered already or do i do i register now after trial period and where do i find the new license key to follow instruction to be covered for a year please.thanks!jim

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »
Carzio,

If you have the home free edition, you can see your registration info as soon as you open the avast interface.

You don't need to get a key in your email, you just need to click register in the application, type your name and email address, and type the verification code and you're done.

For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Dch48

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 09:56:02 PM »
Yep, no key is necessary with the free edition. You just have to reregister every year which takes about 30 seconds  ;D

carzio.1

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
ok,it seems as though i have the avast 5.0 up and running,but i didn't have to put a code in.i went to avast interface window.i saw an expiration date which is 7/07/11.so now i know i can go to the interface to do the registration every year.now to do the trail period before registration every year do i go to avast.com,next go to trail period registration to get the extra 30 days each year.last if all my questions are satisfactory answered,how do i let the post boards know that i don't need more answers?thanks! jim

Dch48

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Since it's a free program, why would you need the extra 30 days? You said you were using Avast! Home which the previous name for what is now called Avast! Free. A short time before the registration will expire , you will get a notification and you then can go in the interface and reregister for another year for free.