Author Topic: Spigot,inc  (Read 66195 times)

Offline Sam Samual

• Personal Message (Offline)
Spigot,inc
« on: September 08, 2010, 07:50:54 AM »
Hi,

When I checked my firewall application,I noticed SPIGOT,INC and when I Google it people are saying this is a backdoor Trojan.I ran system scan full ,but avast professional didn't remove ,please help me my computer is very slow and I cannot afford to buy new computer or any malware program.

Thank you so much.
SAM

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • avast! Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
Re: Spigot,inc
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »
Try malware bytes, http://www.malwarebytes.org/ it might help

Download,install,update,scan
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

Offline yongsua

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
Intel(R)Atom(TM)CPU N450@1.67GHz 1GB RAM 32bit/ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0.65.0(BETA)/Malwarebytes Anti-Malware/Secunia PSI/Hitman PRO/Sandboxie

Offline SafeSurf

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:21:47 AM »
Sam Samual, Welcome to the forum.  :)

1. What is your OS, 32 or 64-bit?
2. What version of Avast are you running?
3. What product of Avast do you have?  Free, Pro, AIS?  Are the definitions up to date?
4. Have you run any Avast scans yet?  If so, which ones?
5. Is anything sitting in the Virus Chest?
6. Have you changed any default setting of Avast?
7. What other security software do you have on your system now and in the past?

Thank you.
iMac (Mavericks)/Safari and Firefox (NoScript/AdBlockPlus/BetterPrivacy/Ghostey)/
Vista Home Prem (same add-on's)/Avast Free/Online Armor Premium Firewall/MBAM Prem)/ Avast Mobile Security with MBAM Pro/ iPad 4th gen.

Offline Left123

• avast! Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:29:34 AM »
Maybe this helpful to you.http://www.exterminate-it.com/malpedia/remove-backdoor-spigot

WOT doesn't like this site,according to rates and comments by category i would never visit this site
No Anti-Virus

Offline SafeSurf

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »
The OP signed off and we need to learn more about his/her system before we can give any further suggestions.  Thank you.
iMac (Mavericks)/Safari and Firefox (NoScript/AdBlockPlus/BetterPrivacy/Ghostey)/
Vista Home Prem (same add-on's)/Avast Free/Online Armor Premium Firewall/MBAM Prem)/ Avast Mobile Security with MBAM Pro/ iPad 4th gen.

Offline YoKenny

• Serious Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »
Maybe this helpful to you.http://www.exterminate-it.com/malpedia/remove-backdoor-spigot

WOT doesn't like this site,according to rates and comments by category i would never visit this site
Just goes to show how useless WOT is.
E5200 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, avast! V9.0 Free, IE10
P4 2.8GHZ, 1.5GB RAM, 40GB HD, XP Pro SP3 32bit, avast! V9.0 Free, Google Chrome
with hpHosts, MVPS HOSTS files, SpeedFan, WinPatrol PLUS

Offline Altarir.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »

Just goes to show how useful WOT is.

fix'd
my systems: windows XP sp3; linux PClinuxOS
for the sake of your own security, you should install WOT and NoScript in your browser.

Offline Left123

• avast! Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »
No Anti-Virus

Offline Sam Samual

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 06:52:54 AM »
Hi everybody!

Thanks to all of you who replied,and as for Left123 ,I am using Windows Xp and machine is Dell AMD64 Atlon 2.7GH,memory 2GB,Avast V5.0 professional,as someone suggested in the forum to download DrWeb that too didnt find this backdoor trojan and didnt remove it,and now someone is saying to download malwarebytes,do you think it is good? Please help I am very much frusterated with my computer and had to wait longtime for firfox or Internet explorer to load,before they use to load faster. please I need help.

Thank you and God bless you all.
SAM

Offline Sam Samual

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 06:56:32 AM »
I am sorry it was SafeSurf instead of Left123 sorry Safesurf and thanks to Left123.

Offline Pondus

• avast! Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 07:40:15 AM »
now someone is saying to download malwarebytes,do you think it is good?
absolutely, it is the malware remover #1, but that does not guarantee it will find and remove this....

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46 http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
always run update before you scan so you have the latest database
click the remove selected button to quarantine anything found
you may post the scan log here
Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1…2.

Offline SafeSurf

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »
Avast V5.0 professional
Sam, I need to know what version of 5.0 you are using  5.0.594 or 5.0.677 or something else.

4. Have you run any Avast scans yet?  If so, which ones?
5. Is anything sitting in the Virus Chest?
6. Have you changed any default setting of Avast?
7. What other security software do you have on your system now and in the past?
Please answer the above questions from my previous post as I am trying to remove your malware.  I understand that this can be a very frustrating thing to go through and very overwhelming, but I need some info. from you for me to help you.

After updating your Avast definitions, please make sure your settings are set to default (in other words malware should go to the Virus Chest).  Run a FULL Avast scan if you have not done this already.  If you have done this, please give me a screen shot of what is in the Chest or if you cannot do this type the exact wording of what is in the Chest. 

Next, check your computer for malware with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (MBAM).
·    Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/ for an on-demand scanner.
·    Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
·    After install, click update so you have latest database before scanning.
·    Under Settings:
o    General: Automatically Save File After Scan Completes is checked off
o    Scanner SettingsCheck all boxes
o    Updater: Download and install update if available is checked off
·    Once the program has loaded, select "Perform FULL Scan", then click Scan.
·    The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
·    When the disinfection scan is complete, a log will appear in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note).
·    Click the “remove selected” button to quarantine anything found.  You will find the infection details under the Quarantine tab.
·    The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
·    Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply.

After your next post with your MBAM log, update your Avast definitions and run a Boot-time scan and report back with your findings (do this in 2 separate posts).

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you.

Offline didivolk2010

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »
Hi Sam
I had the same prob ???. Just registered in this forum. Here is how to get rid of it. 8)
1.You need a small program 'process explorer'. Replace your 'task manager' with it. (No worries you can always restore the 'task manager' if needed. Kill the process ' application updater spigot inc.
2. Search your drive for all spigot or application updater entries. Delete them. If you haven't killed the process it want go.
3. go to run in the start window. type: regedit, go to edit and 'Find'. delete all entries in the register there are quite some.
4. reboot and check in process explorer if it shows up again. ( I had to do that 3 times before I got rid of all that s**t. :-X
 Note: I have 'unistaller pro' which is  good-  that spigot does not even show up there. I think it's definitive malware. Hope it works for you
regards Didi

Offline SafeSurf

• avast! Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 08:41:27 AM »
@ Sam Samual,

Please report back if you are still having a problem since you opened this thread 2 months ago.  This is a long time to have malware in your system.  If you are still having problems, please follow the suggestions posted in my LAST post (by SafeSurf) and provide an MBAM log as I will need this for malware removal and to proceed to the next step of malware removal.

If your problem is now resolved, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed.  Thank you.

Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now