Author Topic: malware-gen on appdata\local\spool\sandboxes\spoon...\csc.exe & spoonsandbox.exe  (Read 7200 times)

merk

after installing several microsoft updates and rebooting, avast is now alerting on the files listed int the subject line as Win32:malware-gen

I'm hoping this is a false positive due to one of the updates that was installed today. Is there any way to confirm this?

This is on win7 64bit

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
No problems on WinXP 32bit and WinVista 64bit. Also, executables shouldn't be located in spool folder at all...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

giacomo69

I have the same problem on Vista 32bit.

Today, about every 10 minutes, Avast alerts about a virus found in:
AppData\Local\Spoon\SANDBOXES\SPOON SANDBOX MANAGER\3.21.0.22\20100828072048781\STUBEXE\@WINDIR@\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe.

Is this a false positive?

Thanks a lot

Offline makeitmine

Some issue. Virus alert related to csc.exe. I had to stop a sandbox process to cease all alerts that were appearing every few mins.

gpeck

Ditto giacomo69... Is this a false positive? This is the first time I have had Avast alert on Spoon but I know other AV software has traditionally flagged it. Can I safely ignore this and move on?

merk

for now, i just uninstalled the spoon sandbox since i almost never use it. Hopefully a future avast update will clear it up in case i ever use it again. Haven't gotten any alerts since uninstalling it.

2dfruit

Hi Guys. Love avast. First time on the forum. Getting the same error as above. Comes up every couple of minutes. Don't want to flag it if it'll cause problems?

marlutin927

Hi, I'm new here also, and get same problem with spoon virtualized apps. Hoping some upgrade will come soon to solve this problem.