Author Topic: UPDATE PROBLEM [SOLVED]  (Read 4598 times)

DeathKnight206

UPDATE PROBLEM [SOLVED]
« on: October 23, 2010, 01:09:56 AM »
I've got a problem.  I started up my PC this afternoon and got a message saying that avast! failed to update.  When I try to do a manual update it says the package is broken.  Can anyone help me?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:54:56 PM by DeathKnight206 »

SafeSurf

Re: UPDATE PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »
You can try rebooting your machine and see if Avast does it's normal update.  If not, force a manual update.

If this fails, try to Repair your Avast installation:
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

Report back.  If you have further problems, I will need to know how you connect to the Internet and your Settings in the Avast GUI as well.  Thank you.

DeathKnight206

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
Now I'm getting this message:

Error processing packages.
Please use full update.

The auto and manual updates still failed after a restart. 

I connect to the Internet through a cable modem (high speed)
What are you talking about specifically in the avast GUI? I've never had to do anything like this before so I really have no clue what you mean.

ArminPasalic!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »
Try a clean install, I don't know if that would help - But I had this problem too ones and fixed it by Re-install.. :) (I'm sorry if doesnt help you and waste your time)

Easy steps how to make it work again!
1. Uninstall Avast! and restart
2. Download this http://public.avast.com/~forejt/aswClear.exe
3. Then download these Softwares
CCLEANER:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard
DISK DEFRAG:
http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-Disk-Defrag/3000-2094_4-10567503.html?part=dl-6267754&subj=dl&tag=button
4. After installing this, run the ASWCLEAR.exe and restart
5. After Restart, run CCLEANER - You will see to the left there is TAPS. Look for "REGISTRY" Now, clean up Registry(BACK IT UP BEFORE CLEANING IT - CCLEANER WILL ASK YOU FOR BACKING IT UP, DO THIS - SAVE THE BACKUP IN A NEW FOLDER)
6. Now run Auslogics Disk Defrag - This will clean your system up(look for errors etc) but also speed your PC up.
7. Restart
8. Reinstall Avast!

Report back if any issues. ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:55:19 PM by ArminPasalic! »

DeathKnight206

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 02:09:47 PM »
Try a clean install, I don't know if that would help - But I had this problem too ones and fixed it by Re-install.. :)

Tried it on my laptop (it was having the exact same problem) and it worked. I'm going to reinstall it on my desktop and that should fix it.  THANK YOU  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks again SafeSurf for trying, I appreciate you avast! guys more than you can imagine :)

ArminPasalic!

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
Try a clean install, I don't know if that would help - But I had this problem too ones and fixed it by Re-install.. :)

Tried it on my laptop (it was having the exact same problem) and it worked. I'm going to reinstall it on my desktop and that should fix it.  THANK YOU  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks again SafeSurf for trying, I appreciate you avast! guys more than you can imagine :)
I'm glad it solved - Enjoy Avast!  ;D

The Dude 321

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »
I can help you directly with this. I can assure that this is a temporary setback, and you will soon be able to update normally like before.

Now, first please tell me what is your latest update, as in the picture in the attachment.

Now, manually update and tell me where the file stops downloading itself, it should be a .vpx file.

This is not a problem with your computer but a temporary problem with the server. I can manually give you the files and tell you where to put them in the avast folder, that way, when the server is running properly again, you can update as usual.

Also, this problem is very temporary, you should be unable to update only for a day. If more then you might have a problem with your computer but it is highly unlikely.

ArminPasalic!

Re: UPDATE PROBLEM [SOLVED]
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »
He have fixed it. ;)

DeathKnight206

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
I can help you directly with this. I can assure that this is a temporary setback, and you will soon be able to update normally like before.

Now, first please tell me what is your latest update, as in the picture in the attachment.

Now, manually update and tell me where the file stops downloading itself, it should be a .vpx file.

This is not a problem with your computer but a temporary problem with the server. I can manually give you the files and tell you where to put them in the avast folder, that way, when the server is running properly again, you can update as usual.

Also, this problem is very temporary, you should be unable to update only for a day. If more then you might have a problem with your computer but it is highly unlikely.

He have fixed it. ;)

Yes and thank you ;D