Author Topic: System frozen when click the right-key of mouse  (Read 8616 times)

Topus

System frozen when click the right-key of mouse
« on: October 30, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »
Hi:
After installed Avast5 antivirus Pro
As long as i click the right-key of the mouse, the system got frozen each time (PS: The first click when windows started - OS windows7 64bit ultimate )
and i've to closed the program first, them it becomes normal.

I don't know what's wrong with it?

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Have a nice day and thanks

Topus

SafeSurf

Re: System frozen when click the right-key of mouse
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »
Hello Topus and welcome to the forum.  :)

1.   What version of Avast did you install?  5.0.677 is the lastest version. 
2.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including antivirus (AV), firewall (FW), and other security programs?  If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or another way)?
3.    Did you reboot after the installation of Avast?
4.    Is your machine acting fine otherwise?  Do you have a wireless mouse or wired?  Have you checked your connections?

Topus

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Hello Topus and welcome to the forum.  :)

1.   What version of Avast did you install?  5.0.677 is the lastest version. 
2.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including antivirus (AV), firewall (FW), and other security programs?  If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or another way)?
3.    Did you reboot after the installation of Avast?
4.    Is your machine acting fine otherwise?  Do you have a wireless mouse or wired?  Have you checked your connections?

1. I've the lastiest verson.
2 Comodo Firewall. & Emsisoft anti-malware & Microsoft Security Essentials ( Real-Protection-Unchecked )
  Before Avast5. i used Bitdefender AV Pro 2010 ( Had uninstalled by vender's uninstaller's tool. )
3. Yes. have reboot after installation.
4. Only got the problem i've mentioned, Beside that everything is working well.

Hope can solve the problem i've met!

Thanks again and have a good time

Topus

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:21:25 AM »
I would completely un-install Microsoft Security Essentials as its drivers are still active even when Real-Protection-Unchecked

Also I would un-install Emsisoft anti-malware as having two anti virus applications will cause problems.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:17:46 AM »
I would completely un-install Microsoft Security Essentials as its drivers are still active even when Real-Protection-Unchecked

Also I would un-install Emsisoft anti-malware as having two anti virus applications will cause problems.

+1, you shouldn't have mse or emisoft on you system with avast, if you want a decent antimalware program you should install malwarebytes.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 11:29:43 AM »
+1, you shouldn't have mse or emisoft on you system with avast, if you want a decent antimalware program you should install malwarebytes.

Well, you can use EAM with avast without problems. (See my sig)
Just be sure you have the resident parts deactivated...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Topus

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »
I uninstalled the MSE and ESM, only Avast5 pro and Comodo firewall left
Unfortunately, the problem still happened!

I've tried several AntiVirus: such as Bitdefender; Avira; Panda; GDATA ( The angine B is Avast )
no such problem occured. I'm confused.

well, still don't know where is going wrong?

Thanks again

Topus

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »
Having had multiple AVs installed at the time of installing avast, it may not have successfully installed.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

If that doesn't work, try a clean reinstall:
- Download the latest version of avast, 5.0.677 http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 4.8 if previously installed and then for 5.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Le Boule

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 05:18:15 PM »
Topus,

You should try Safe Surf's and David R's suggestions first.  But I'm curious - did you try uninstalling/disabling Comodo?  Logically, Comodo should not cause the symptoms you described but you never know.   ???
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:56:06 PM by Le Boule »

ImWarm

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 05:28:55 PM »
I don't think Comodo Firewall would be the issue. Just remember that: 1) You cannot have more than one Antivirus program 2) You can't have more than 1 firewall running

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 08:08:23 PM »
@ Le Boule

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then select your country in Please select your country: then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Just like DavidR avast! Technical  ;)

SafeSurf

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »
@ Topus,

The reason we are all suggestion that you uninstall certain security software is because they can conflict with Avast (also a security software).  Here are some articles regarding this:

Running two AV on the same computer can create all kind of mysterious windows errors and false detections.

Clash Of The Antivirus Apps:
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2003/s1407/38s07/38s07.asp

Why you should never run more than one AV (see reply from quietman7):
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?s=49db784baecf17e7b189c833aafb624d&showtopic=260844&view=findpost&p=1441638

Regarding Comodo, make sure you do not have the AV portion enabled, and make sure that your FW allows Avast access.  Otherwise you should be fine with this.

Next, try the Repair of Avast.  If this fails, then try the uninstall/clean install as David posted.  If this fails, post back so we can troubleshoot more with you for other possible causes, however we are giving you the most common ones first to try.  Let us know how things go.  Thank you.

Topus

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »
Thanks you all first:
I've read carefully about your suggestion.

Here is what i've tried:
1. Uninstalled all security programs included Comodo. ( Avast5 uninstalled using aswClear5.exe )
2. redowonload the latiest version of Avast5 Pro, and installed it. reboot after installation.
Now only Avast5 in my system
..........it won't work, still got frozen when i click the mouse!!!

I'm from Taipei_Taiwan, in here has forum of Antivirus also.
I've post this question on the forum, some user did have the same problem and they didn't know how to solve it. ( They said as long as it won't crash the system, they can ignore it....???? )

I've said before, don't have such problem with other antivirus, such as Bitdefender; Avira; Gdata....etc?????

So, i.m a little confuse...

Thanks again

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »
Here is what i've tried:
Uninstalled all security programs included Comodo. ( Avast5 uninstalled using aswClear5.exe )

If I get you right the only security related software installed atm is avast. Right..?
Possible solutions:
- Update your mouse drivers and see if this fixes the problem.
- If not possible try to exclude the drivers in avast.
Solved now..??
Btw, I just once ran into this problem, but it was related to comodo...!
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

YoKenny

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »

Here is what i've tried:
1. Uninstalled all security programs included Comodo. ( Avast5 uninstalled using aswClear5.exe )

How much RAM does the system have and what are the CPU specifications as to type and speed?