Author Topic: [ resolved] Ad-Aware conflict?  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
[ resolved] Ad-Aware conflict?
« on: December 04, 2010, 01:05:52 AM »
I was wondering about this so-called conflict with Ad-Aware. I have both avast free and Ad-Aware and I have not encountered any conflict. And Ad-Aware has, in the past, found malware and other nasty things that Malwarebytes missed. Is it me, or, is my computer weird? In other words is there really a conflict? If there is I don't see it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 08:53:59 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Ad-Aware conflict?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 01:14:55 AM »
And Ad-Aware has, in the past, found malware and other nasty things that Malwarebytes missed. Is it me, or, is my computer weird?
and what was that....tracking cookies ?

Ad-Aware now have integrated virus engine. Running more then one av-engine may conflict or give false detections and windows errors

SafeSurf

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »
To show you that the free version, which you have I believe has an AV in it, see the comparison chart: http://www.lavasoft.com/

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:56:31 AM »
And Ad-Aware has, in the past, found malware and other nasty things that Malwarebytes missed. Is it me, or, is my computer weird?
and what was that....tracking cookies ?

No it was malware its been so long ago the log is no longer on my computer and I can't remember. And yes, lately it has been cookies.

Ad-Aware now have integrated virus engine. Running more then one av-engine may conflict or give false detections and windows errors
I did not know this. thanks. Maybe I should uninstall Ad-Aware.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 02:24:27 AM »
To show you that the free version, which you have I believe has an AV in it, see the comparison chart: http://www.lavasoft.com/

I uninstalled Ad-Aware and installed MBAM. Thanks to SafeSurf and Pondus. You two really know your stuff. Thanks again.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »

I uninstalled Ad-Aware and installed MBAM. Thanks to SafeSurf and Pondus. You two really know your stuff. Thanks again.
You won't regret that move! ;)

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:28:14 AM »
Thank you for the compliment. :)

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  As you know, we are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you for allowing us to assist you.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 08:43:39 PM »
Thank you for the compliment. :)

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  As you know, we are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you for allowing us to assist you.

[/quote
Thanks, I didn't know how. Now I do.