Author Topic: Avast hasn't improved detecting the number of malware count against Comodo AV  (Read 20477 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world

Comodo software development is going very slow.

+1 :-[ :-\ :o

I'm really disappointed of what they did with Comodo Time Machine.

Off the Topic:- What happen Tech did your PC got kill really bad :'( lucky for me I would never touch this and it really did mess up with friend PC when I helped him out reformatting the whole HD :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:45:20 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
I tried the latest CIS (again) a couple of months ago just because 'Tech' was talking about it. It was so good at finding malware... it blocked over 100 safe files! ???
Sorry. But I think I've only advocated for better protection by the so-called "deny all" policy from Comodo.
After all, the Behavior Shield of version 5.1 (passive) and 6 (active) will try to fill this feature.
The clean files blocked seem to be blocked by the autosandbox and not by the antivirus.
No need to apologize Tech. I did it for the adventure! ;D
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

YoKenny

Definition: 10 foot pole = expendable PC  ;)
;D

+1 :-[ :-\ :o

Off the Topic:- What happen Tech did your PC got kill really bad :'( luck for me I would never touch this and it really did mess up with friend PC when I helped him out reformatting the whole HD :'( :'(
No wonder I do not use Comodo!

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Off Topic... but, speaking of poles.

Having been invited to visit the Olympic venue in Sydney in 2000, as I walked through the "Athletes Village" a man dressed in a lycra bodysuit and carrying a long pole walked towards me. "Are you a pole vaulter?" I asked.
"No. I'm German." he said, "But how did you know my name is Walter?"

Xeolyte

I use the Comodo Firewall but not the Defense+. Defense+ requires informed decisions and sometimes even informed decisions are not enough to make the right choice. I think  Melih's original premise was to make anti-virus obsolete. I gave it a try, but the software was forever in "school" and became so annoying "learning" that I disabled it.

It has always been my policy never to use software that combines anti-virus and firewall together for the reason that it's very easy for hackers to disable both at the same time. The best firewall in the world in my opinion used to be AtGuard (I miss it terribly and was begging the authors along with other users to make it XP compatible). It was straight forward and virtually idiot proof.

Since I'm not up to 20:

Black Ice – Built 1/5/09 - Corsair (4 x 2GB Memory) - Corsair Power Supply - Intel core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz CPU - Zalman 2 Ball CPU Cooler - MSI Platinum ATX Intel MB - 4-HD 250GB – SATA - Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard (back lit! for working in the dark) - Sapphire Radeon Video Card – Dual Boot – XP Pro – Win 7 32 - Comodo Firewall – Avast Anti-Virus

Hard_ROCKER

Hmmm Xeolyte ?

If i am reading your system specs correctly, you have 8gb of ram right ? Why run 32bit OSes on that system then ? Just wondering...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I use the Comodo Firewall but not the Defense+. Defense+ requires informed decisions and sometimes even informed decisions are not enough to make the right choice. I think  Melih's original premise was to make anti-virus obsolete. I gave it a try, but the software was forever in "school" and became so annoying "learning" that I disabled it.
That's the HIPS heritage... ::)
The best things in life are free.

nsm0220

you guys need a better hips and anti virus. your anti virus did not did good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5POyE8_FVA

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
keep this up avast will be removed from gdata in no time and comodo is not bad it better than avast

Keep this up... and maybe someone will eventually take the bait.

Gargamel360

Keep this up... and maybe someone will eventually take the bait.
Can I bite?

....words fail...see attachment

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
All these videos are good for is a good laugh. These guys have no freaking idea what they're doing. The guy in the first video (with the 10,000 malware) couldn't figure out why he was having trouble moving all those files to the chest. Maybe it was because the chest was full?? Maybe the next time you're going to test THAT many files, You might want to increase the amount of space the chest can use.

I'll bite also.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 03:17:52 AM by Marc57 »
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

iRonzel

I tried CIS 5. Is good, but its false positives are many. Its sandbox is too intrusive, they need to add more trusted signatures to their whitelist and improved it. Really It caused me headache, i chose NOT sandbox again, and it continued sandboxing tha same aplication. The only thing that make its protection good is the Defense+.

avast! have better virus database than Comodo.

Edit: I still prefer avast!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:43:03 AM by Llanziel »

nsm0220

all anti virus haves a fp or 2

yongsua

all anti virus haves a fp or 2

Ya,you are right.But if too many FP's is just too bad,just like Panda and Trustport.

nsm0220

panda haves less fb than Trustport