Author Topic: 5.1.864 system freezing completely while creating restore point  (Read 4406 times)

Hermite15

5.1.864 system freezing completely while creating restore point
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
I had to create a restore point manually a bit earlier, and noticed immediately that there was no hard disk activity at all, a few seconds later all running apps started to freeze one after the other, skype, then Chrome and finally Windows. There were two moments where I could create an avastsvc dump file (will upload it) and hit ctr-alt-del to reboot without forcing a shut down. Sorry guys, must uninstall the behavior shield again.

edit: probably unrelated, while starting the reboot, I was prompted to allow a "jaucheck.exe" connection, thought that was some java stuff and allowed it... can't find the executable on my disk now, and no rule about it in AIS firewall UI... may be it's just in rules.xml, I'll have a look... edit: no, nothing ???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:08:10 PM by Logos »

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
Re: 5.1.864 system freezing completely while creating restore point
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:36:48 PM »
That happen to me when I didnt choose what to do with gigabyte drivers"I have to make some tea"So the computer froze and didnt respond so I restart it by pressing power button 6 seconds
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
bump...

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »
adding that screenshot, although this time (behavior shield uninstalled already), this shouldn't be Avast related. So just in case... That's a known Windows bug, shadow copy related, that I've had before. Was solved after a reboot today. Hope Avast has nothing to do with that...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:18:40 PM »
Huh, we haven't really experienced any of the system restore related issues lately, but will definitely try to reproduce on a test system, and possibly create a work around. Thanks for the heads up so far.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:20:09 PM »
okay thanks ;)