Author Topic: Hanging while "taking action" after scanning.  (Read 2706 times)

Nagan

Hanging while "taking action" after scanning.
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
After finishing scanning I tried to move all the virus files to virus chest.It gave an impression of high CPU spike and a hang. The file submitted here in this post http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68680.msg577595#msg577595 of another thread I begun.

The issue is it is a archive file and various recursions. It is nearly impossible to cull out files and send it to virus chest and reconstitute the archive files.On such ocassions AVAST can evaluate the task and then proceed with the action.

While sending the detected files to chest can a progress bar be given with a counter like say 9%  ---   25 /300  50% -----150/300 , as the files are continually sent so that the user is also convinced of the action. In the present arrangement , the screen as well as the side bar refuses to move..

Nagan

Re: Hanging while "taking action" after scanning.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
Surprised to find no clues / replies to this... :( :o

Nagan

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:10:43 AM »
Have I posted at a wrong place?? What I have said is a genuine problem . Atleast someone confirm that it is unique to me.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »
Sorry, but avast! isn't really optimized to play with archives containing thousands of viruses - that's not what ordinary users encounter.
In the settings of the particular scan you use, you can set the option "Always remove the whole archive" on the "Actions" page - then it certainly will be very quick.