Author Topic: CCC.exe bug still there  (Read 23827 times)

rbeane

Re: CCC.exe bug still there
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 03:16:57 PM »
I installed the update and rebooted.  Still happening.  The catalyst tray icon appears, disappears and appears again.  I uninstalled Avast and this doesn't happen. The ACEEventlog in applications section of event viewer shows the following "information" event when it fails.

0000000007: 2011-03-06 08:53:16:049    Exception <Killing CCC0 Process>: Process with an Id of 4524 is not running.
 Exception  Called by: ATI.ACE.MOM.Implementation.StateMachineToolkit.Transition::PerformActions                        processID:04128 threadID:(MOM_STM_DelegateThread) domainName:(MOM.exe                    ) assemblyName:(MOM.Implementation, Version=3.5.4043.31964, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
************************************************************************************************************************

I will try to uninstall/reinstall catalyst software to see if it makes any difference before I reinstall avast.

Running Windows 7 SP1/Catalyst 11.2/Avast 6.??(I didn't look at the new version number before uninstalling.
Thanks for the attention to this issue.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
Well, the main thing (after installing avast!) is to let the virus definitions be updated to the latest version (i.e. it might take one more reboot, if CCC is started automatically when Windows start).

ace11

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 05:20:54 PM »
For me , this problem is solved now ( I guess due to an update via virus definitions )

rbeane

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
Seems fixed here too ;D  Thanks

2nd base

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 11:12:15 AM »
Should still probably always uninsatll the previous driver before installing the new one. That new one is buggy for some users.

rockafella

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
I experience random crashes and see this in the error logs:

Exception <Killing CCC0 Process>: Process with an Id of 4868 is not running.
 Exception  Called by: ATI.ACE.MOM.Implementation.StateMachineToolkit.Transition::PerformActions

So could it be due to Avast that this is happening (and my system is crashing)?  I've tried adding the exceptions listed in this thread thus far.

Or is this just an ATI issue and one that won't go away until hardware is fixed?

Should I try just uninstalling Avast and running for a week to see if I crash anymore?  Not really sure how else to trigger since it seems utterly random.

doktornotor

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
So could it be due to Avast that this is happening (and my system is crashing)?  I've tried adding the exceptions listed in this thread thus far.
Or is this just an ATI issue and one that won't go away until hardware is fixed?
Should I try just uninstalling Avast and running for a week to see if I crash anymore?  Not really sure how else to trigger since it seems utterly random.

On 2/5 computers I could try, CCC (even the latest version) simply doesn't start even without any AV installed. So, I say shitty programming plus .NET sucks goats nuts.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »
Yes, I also think there's something wrong about the CCC code.

The thing is - the latest issues with CCC and avast (not the initial ones, in the first release of avast! 6.0, that was avast's fault indeed) were simply caused by the fact that the corresponding files were scanned. The scanning slightly delayed loading/starting of the executables... and CCC failed to start.
However, similar delay can be caused by a slow computer... or other programs running/starting on background... or Windows writing a block of memory into the swap file... many possibilities.
So yes, I definitely believe similar problems can occur on machines without avast!, and more or less randomly - because it's a timing issue.

rockafella

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »
I see, that makes sense.  Probably explains why my crashes are very random.  CCC.exe probably has a race condition or other faulty code that fails when there's such a delay, that's a good insight.

Also useful to know it's buggy on other computers that the doktor has tried.  Thanks!

Now I guess I'll just hope they come up with another update soon that really fixes it.   ::)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 11:23:36 AM »
That's strange isn't it? I mean, can't it be done in a way that the component has to wait for some other to do its job instead declaring failure based on simple timing?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline sooners2win

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »
CCC.exe working on mine, i just installed over 1027
a6750f, amd phenom 9650quad core processor 2.30Ghz, Ram 8GB, Microsoft Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2,Avast7 Free,Comodo Firewall, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, Ccleaner, FF3.6.14,Google Chrome.