Author Topic: Site Blocking icon isn't displayed.  (Read 3675 times)

Onix

Site Blocking icon isn't displayed.
« on: March 01, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
Seems I have a similar problem with http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=72374.0 but with Site Blocking icon and Opera. The icon is displayed with IE9 but not with Opera 11.10.

YoKenny

Re: Site Blocking icon isn't displayed.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
Opera is not supported with WebRep yet.
Only IE, Firefox and soon Chrome.

Onix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
I'm talking about Site Blocking feature.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
Then why post the link which is about the webrep as that has nothing to do with the Site Blocking feature and is different to your problem. See image1 test using firefox 3.6.13.

You saying the site blocking doesn't work with Opera, because it isn't displaying that image which is different again.

This may also be an Opera issue, I don't know as I don't use it, but the image that is displayed is on your system (localhost) and is inserted into the displayed page, image2. So there may be something in Opera blocking that image as the rest of the page html is there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Nesivos

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »
Using Firefox 4.0B12

Site Blocking is working but the icon at the top is not visible when the site blocking message comes up.

ArtemisF0wl

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 06:48:35 PM »
are you using an ad blocker of any kind? perhaps one that blocks images/banners based on size?

Nesivos

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »
are you using an ad blocker of any kind? perhaps one that blocks images/banners based on size?

I ran Firefox in the Safe Mode which diaables all addons and it did not make a difference.

This is what it looks like

The site is blocked which is what counts.

If the icon problem is resolved great if not no biggie.  I can live with it the way it is, no problem

I was just posting on this to confirm the problem.

Done with this thread.  

spg SCOTT

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
I also don't see the image in Firefox...

It works in IE...

The image is located here
C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\HtmlData\image001.png

Onix

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:01:32 AM »
Then why post the link which is about the webrep as that has nothing to do with the Site Blocking feature and is different to your problem.
My problem isn't exactly the same, but is similar(broken picture). That's why i've posted the link.

spg SCOTT, Nesivos, thanks for confirmation of the problem.
Any feedback from the devs?