Author Topic: Script Shield working or not?  (Read 2795 times)

cadremis

Script Shield working or not?
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »
I just updated to the new version of Firefox 4, and I have seen this topic multiple times here, but I need to know if the Script Shield is protecting me if I am using Firefox?

I never see anything there in the script shield traffic, I see it in the general tab statistics and when I use Windows Media Player but in the script shield traffics I never see the bars that something is happening as it does in statistics.

Am I being protectected when I browse the internet from malicious scripts?

Advise..rm

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Script Shield working or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
I just updated to the new version of Firefox 4, and I have seen this topic multiple times here, but I need to know if the Script Shield is protecting me if I am using Firefox?

I never see anything there in the script shield traffic, I see it in the general tab statistics and when I use Windows Media Player but in the script shield traffics I never see the bars that something is happening as it does in statistics.

Am I being protectected when I browse the internet from malicious scripts?

Advise..rm

No problems here with XP's but then I use IE8. :)

doktornotor

Re: Script Shield working or not?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »
I would suggest reading this whitepaper: Blocking internet threats: the avast! script engine

Script Shield
This module watches all Windows Scripting Host (WSH) scripts being executed in the operating system and scans all the scripts (both remote and local) run as part of a web page within the Windows Scripting Host or Internet Explorer.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:16:06 PM by doktornotor »