Author Topic: Malware + Trojan warnings  (Read 6736 times)

Alpha32

Malware + Trojan warnings
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »
Well,

Since the last virus definition update, just about every site I visit i'm getting detection threats.

Just to name some are from Facebook, msn (the program not site), nasa, google and Avast's site itself.

That's just a few but it happens on just about every site.

I tried several times to update my definitions but couldn't connect to the servers... but about 15 mins I tried and it updated althought didn't do nothing.

Are these false positives? Because I do have 2 files in my virus chest from the ones detected on msn.

Thanks

Edit: sorry about the full sized screens, i thought imgur offered thumbnails but it seem's they don't
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:14:24 AM by Alpha32 »

tfe

Re: Malware + Trojan warnings
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:21 AM »
The same here. I was totally shocked.

I updated Avast virus database and on the next click (in my own website) I got virus warnings. I went offlie and scanned my computer. Avast found about 3000 infected files. The program almost all html files reported as infected with HTML:Script-inf, HTML:Iframe-inf. I sent all "infected" files to the quarantine because I had a similar virus some time ago which infected all index.html, index.php files.

When I came back online I discovered that Avast reports as infected almost all websites, including Google, cnn.com etc.

I got a warning from Avast that last update was not successful. Any attempts to update virus database returned errors. After some time update was successful and all "viruses" are gone.

Now I want to know if there is any way how to recover quarantined files. Some of the carantined files are very important.

allenergy

Re: Malware + Trojan warnings - IS AVAST COMPROMISED? This is awful!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
Avast is a MESS today! 

I am getting these same things  and I can't stop them.

Avast tried to update its already current defs and could not 
when i did manualy it said already current

i have pop ups for malware i can't close. 

It is giving me popups for my Https:  email secureserver.net when i try to click on any email.
i now have unlimited repeating popups for weather.exe that ai cannot get rid of because it keeps popping up, preventing me from closing the weather program even with task manager (not responding)

It took me 3 hours to get the forum to come up. (No prob with other sites coming up - only Avast!)   I am certain there would be tons more posts on this if the Avast forum was responding and opening as it should be. 

only thing i can think of is Avast is corrupted and hacked! 

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha32

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 12:18:34 AM »
Yeah

Read the blog post and I reupdated the definitions and seems ok, but what I still have questions about is if the msn one is a false positive, if it is then is it ok to remove from the virus chest? althought I think msn would still run without the 2 files in the chest

and the facebook one I got when I was on Avast's site, where it was a trojan, where was the others was just malware, also false?

Valkyre

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:24:41 AM »
3 hours and counting on running a virus scan to quarantine infected files.  Took 1 hour to do the scan, then did the restart scan, and it's still running...I wonder if anything will be left of my computer by the time it finishes, IF it finishes...it's only 41 percent done. At this rate, it will be past midnight before I can even use my machine.

PLEASE FIX THIS! >:(

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:34:17 AM »
Well,

Since the last virus definition update, just about every site I visit i'm getting detection threats.

Just to name some are from Facebook, msn (the program not site), nasa, google and Avast's site itself.

I tried several times to update my definitions but couldn't connect to the servers... but about 15 mins I tried and it updated althought didn't do nothing.

Please read:
False positive issue with virus defs 110411-1
https://blog.avast.com/2011/04/11/false-positive-issue-with-virus-defs-110411-1

Please use Additional Options... then Attach: then Browse... for an attachment  

Looks like you are running Windows 7 so please upadate your signature by going to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:38:31 AM by YoKenny »

libcarey

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
Just spent the evening trying to fix the same problem on my laptop.  Managed to find this topic on the forum using my sons macbook.  Have just managed to download the AVAST update successfully and problem seems to be resolved although running a scan for the 4th time this evening.  Wish I had checked for this post earlier -would have saved wasted 2 hours trying to fix.  I agree - bet there are loads of AVAST users out there suffering with the same problem.

Alpha32

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 12:38:30 AM »
Well,

Please read:
False positive issue with virus defs 110411-1
https://blog.avast.com/2011/04/11/false-positive-issue-with-virus-defs-110411-1
Yeah, i've already read that

Yeah

Read the blog post and I reupdated the definitions and seems ok, but what I still have questions about is if the msn one is a false positive, if it is then is it ok to remove from the virus chest? althought I think msn would still run without the 2 files in the chest

and the facebook one I got when I was on Avast's site, where it was a trojan, where was the others was just malware, also false?

The one's in my virus chest is HTML:Iframe-inf [file name: ebExpBanner_2_2_11[1].js] which are from msn - i'm sure msn would run whether I removed them from my virus chest or not but since these are all malware detections how come the one on Avast's site for a facebook plugin is detected as a trojan?

I ain't a virus expert so I dunno alot when it comes to this stuff :/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:42:16 AM by Alpha32 »

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:44:41 AM »
Go back and read my modified post on Today at 05:28:35 PM

smiter

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 12:45:16 AM »
quote"I agree - bet there are loads of AVAST users out there suffering with the same problem"

Avast should be sending out an email at least to there paying customers if not all about this.

Alpha32

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »

Was just doing it as you was posting

Valkyre

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:28 AM »

Was just doing it as you was posting

https://blog.avast.com/2011/04/11/false-positive-issue-with-virus-defs-110411-1/

Update your avast and you should be good.