Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Temp Files That Can't Be Deleted?

<< < (2/3) > >>

pete.goss:
Hi,

I don't think so because 2 of the 3 files were deleted normally once self-defense mode was turned off. Webslock.txt appears to remain open. Please check the code to ensure your intended result. It's not an urgent issue, as CCleaner can exclude the _avast_ temp folder from deletion. Another suggestion is to create these files in the Avast folder in Program Files rather than in the Windows\Temp folder. Doing so would avoid issues with a variety of cleaning utilities.  Thanks...

igor:
Sorry, but making the temp files elsewhere doesn't make any sense - that's what the TEMP folder is for.
If every program created its temp files in their program folder, and even better - under random names, then there would be not cleaning tools whatsoever, because there would be nothing recognizable to clean.

pete.goss:
Ok, but if they are temp files shouldn't they be easily deletable? I'm only trying to suggest some options. Developers can choose the one that works best in some future release. Avast is such a good program that I really don't mind the workaround in Ccleaner. Sorry, I am just one of those guys who is always looking to perfect code.

DavidR:
Not when they are in use as has been said.

However I don't know what your CCleaner settings are but it shouldn't be removing files less than 24 hours old to prevent trying to remove files that might be in use.

pete.goss:
Right. Ccleaner is set to delete files older than 24 hours, yet it attempted to delete the 3 temp files mentioned but couldn't -- hanging in the process. Strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version