Author Topic: Blocked programs  (Read 7614 times)

Jose_Lisbon

Blocked programs
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »
Avast 6 free (all shields)
OA free
Windows 7 HP 64-bit
Both OA and Avast are mutually excluded

Hi.
Some weeks ago I downloaded Comodo's and PCFlank's Leak Tests to try my Online Armor FW but the programs wouldn't run. No pop-ups, no alerts, simply wouldn't run.
With the help of OA's forums I found out I had to disable Avast's shields.
Since then random "no runs" happened periodically: some programs I download from CNET or Softpedia never reach my PC ("couldn't download to the chosen location...") other programs allready installed will not work (Hitmanpro, Auslogics...). Every time the solution is the same: disable Avast's shields.
Is this issue recognised? is it being adressed?

Regards,
Jose.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Blocked programs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:30:25 PM »
Iv not seen anyone else on the forum with this issue, do you get the same problem if you disable OA and leave avast running ?

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:42:33 PM »
Iv not seen anyone else on the forum with this issue, do you get the same problem if you disable OA and leave avast running ?

Disabling OA won't help. I've tried several configurations, I'm sure it's Avast related.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
You can try a repair of avast to see if that solves your issue but without any warnings or notifications from avast im really at a loss as to what might be causing it.

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »
How do you do a repair?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
Repair avast:
1. Control Panel - Add/Remove programs - avast!
2. Scroll down and click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 06:33:39 PM »
I just repaired it. If it doesn't work I'll just wait untill my next system restore, it's not a big issue.
Thank you both for your answers.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »

You're welcome..!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »
I just repaired it. If it doesn't work I'll just wait untill my next system restore, it's not a big issue.
Your welcome, fingers crossed  :)

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 01:28:55 AM »
Well, a week ago I reinstalled my OS. Not only this issue didn't go away but it became worse.
As you understand it's a bit trying to have to disable your AV a third of the times you install/run something, so Avast had to go.
Shame tough, since I liked the program very much. Let's wait for V7.

Offline Cast

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 03:10:14 AM »
Your 100% sure its not OA, Because i tried using one of my programs with it and it didnt play nice at all with it so it ended up going. I switched to Privatefirewall or the default Vista one after that.

Jose_Lisbon

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
Your 100% sure its not OA, Because i tried using one of my programs with it and it didnt play nice at all with it so it ended up going. I switched to Privatefirewall or the default Vista one after that.

I would always disable OA first (no effect); then I would enable OA and disable Avast's shields: problem gone.
It happened time and time again.

miscreant

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 11:51:48 PM »
I have found that Avast network shield can conflict with firewalls already installed.Also the behavior shield could cause conflicts with firewall hips.I would try uninstalling OA.Then install avast (if you are going to use OA with its hips enabled then I personally would use a custom install of avast and leave out the behavior shield).