Author Topic: Avast and Outlook 2007 Blank Emails  (Read 16795 times)

saumil

Avast and Outlook 2007 Blank Emails
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Hi,
We use Avast Managed version with ADMN,Avast Net client version 4.8, the problem we are facing with outlook add-in, if avast add-in is on, the outlook sends blank email. if we disable add-in of avast it works fine.
Is there any settings we can modify so we can have add-in active?

VanEck

Re: Avast and Outlook 2007 Blank Emails
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:38:51 PM »
I have been experiencing this same exact issue at my company, but have not had any luck getting help from the forums after posting about it here.

Still waiting to get help regarding this.

minnarky

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
I am also having the same problem.  The problem is that it's not consistent...not all emails will be blank.  Can't find a common denominator.

In case it helps, we're running Exchange 2007 on a Server 2008 VMWare Virtual Machine.

ianh64

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
We have just upgraded from Avast 4.8 Pro to Business Protection and have just found the same issue - Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2010. Again not all emails are stripped. Thankfully it appears that you can check sent items folder so see what messages have had their message bodies deleted.

I also had this issue with Avast 4.8 about 18 months ago and support told me that Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2010 was not supported with Avast 4.8. Now we have moved on a version (or two), I had expected this to be working. Thankfully I had only deployed this on 3 test machines.

In this case, my solution was to disable AVAST outgoing message scanning in the 4.8 control panel which was not a huge hit, but we are now deploying automatically and I have not spend enough time with Business Protection to find if there is an equivalent setting that I can disable and, more importantly, deploy remotely.

The work around for now seems to be to manually disable AVAST plugin in Outlook 2007 but this is a per user option and I cannot continue to rollout Avast on any other machine until this is resolved. I will see if I can reopen my old case.

larsstampe

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:03:10 PM »
Hi,

I have the same problem, still looking for a solution.

But there is a way of applying the work around from the Administration Console

Select the group your machines are in
Click Edit group settings
Goto Expert settings
Almost 2/3 down "avastcfg://EmailShield/EmailScanner/ScanOutbound set to 0

That seemed to do it for me

Or you can disable the whole mail shield under Shilds (on the left) and click Mail Shield so it is not green!

Hope that helps, and please post any solutions you find.

Lars

Neil1976

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:44:33 PM »
Has a solution ever been found for this?
Just recently, maybe with the latest update.

Everytime I send an email Outlook 2007 sends it but creates a blank duplicate that stays in the Outbox