Author Topic: Crossloop not working anymore with Avast Internet Security 6.0.1289  (Read 4424 times)

OhMonBato

I'm regularly using Crossloop to take control of remote PC (to helpfriends or family), without any problem.
Today, I updated Avast on my laptop computer with Avast version 6.0.1289 and since, no way to use Crossloop. I can connect to remote computer but just when I'm about to see the screen of the remote PC, Crossloop is coming back to connection window.

To be sure that the problem was not due to my network configuration or something else, I tried on my second computer with previous version of Avast, everything was working fine on Crossloop. Then I updated Avast on this second PC and problem occured again. So it's confirmed it's due to Avast.

On firewall setting on Avast, Crossloop is on the list of allowed applications.
If you have any idea to solve this problem...

ady4um

Re: Crossloop not working anymore with Avast Internet Security 6.0.1289
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »
Delete the firewall rule, (reboot), launch the program to recreate the rule again.

OhMonBato

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
Thank for the tip, it works fine now. But it's the first time I have to do it after Avast update.

Jacklx

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 06:11:24 PM »
I've got into the Avast home page but can't see anything about 'firewall rule' or 'reactivating' however I have 3 simple questions. If someone I'm hoping to link up with has got Avast have they got to do this 'firewall rule' thing as well? If I go back to good old AVG will my Crossloop only work with people who haven't got Avast? Are Avast thinking of introducing an update so that Crossloop works as it always used to? Hoping for 3 answers.

Jacklx

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »
I've now fixed the crossloop problem by uninstalling Avast and reinstalling AVG. All I have to do now is get those I link up with to do the same.