Author Topic: Latest scan results  (Read 2038 times)

Mona7865

Latest scan results
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:15:55 AM »
Dell Inspiron 1501 - Win XP-SP3 - AIS 6.0.1289

All of a sudden, starting on the 16th of November, AIS comes up with these results after the daily scan.

Since Secunia was installed long before I started using AIS, I find this a bit strange.

Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Gargamel360

Re: Latest scan results
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »
Firstly, seriously consider giving up the whole "daily scan" thing......unless you really want to for peace of mind.  But Avast! scans everything on-access already, part of the benefit of having an AV always running in the background is getting to do away with a daily scan routine.

As far as the results go....Avast! will always return this result on any pass-protected file.  Because it knows not what the password is.  Why is it returning this result now, but not before?  2 possible reasons come to mind......either an Avast! update led to scanning in an area that was not scanned before...or Secunia started pass-protecting files that were previously not.

Either way, the results are safe to ignore.

Mona7865

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:47:42 AM »
Heartfelt thanks for looking into this, Gargamel360.

As there wasn't a program update for Secunia lately, I assume it might be due to an Avast update.

I've performed daily scans (by any AV) ever since I bought the laptop so I'm going to follow your recommendation about these and switch to a weekly scan instead.  :)

Thanks again!

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:14:16 AM »
Np, glad to help.