Author Topic: avast going crazy!  (Read 6621 times)

ctbram

avast going crazy!
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:25 AM »
I don't really know the right place to post this or search to see if anyone else is having a similar problem so I apologize in advance.

It just started about an hour ago 9pm est 11/24/11.  I am using chrome and every page I go to I get ding ding ding threat detected.  I press more info and I have no clue what it is detecting?!?!  I just get redirected to a page to upgrade to avast pro and that is as annoying as the ding ding ding threat detected for every page I go to.

I tried deleting the browsers cache and all data (I am using chrome).  All that did is when I launched chrome again I just got 500 gazillion ding ding ding threat detected announcements as each of my default pages tried to launch!

Is there some kind of thanksgiving day attack going on?  Are you guys aware of it and are you doing anything about it?  How do  I fix this?  I am running a full malwarebytes scan right now but that will take a couple hours to complete.  In the mean time the constant ding ding ding is making me insane!

Gargamel360

Re: avast going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:48:56 AM »
The "ding-ding" is loud and annoying, but it is a good sign.  It means whatever underlying infection you have Avast! is blocking from either spreading further or downloading more malware.

By all means, post the MBAM logs when they are finished, but start a new topic in the virus and worms section to do so.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:13:35 AM »
it would be nice if you can include a screen shot of the avast warning popup

possible same case   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=89059   ???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:14:01 AM by Pondus »

kyloubird

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 08:00:42 AM »
I just downloaded avasit the other day and I get them.  It is also driving me crazy so I turned the alarm sound mute/off.  I do have a virus though trying to get it off.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »
I just downloaded avasit the other day and I get them.  It is also driving me crazy so I turned the alarm sound mute/off.  I do have a virus though trying to get it off.
If you need help with this, start a new topic in the virus and worms section

follow this guide and attach all logs there
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

ctbram

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
The mbam logs where 100% clean! As was the avast full scan.  But all the warnings had one thing in common.  The URL was always something to do with yontoo layers.  I recently installed the free trial of nd02 (it's a normal mapping software application) and part of its installation included yontoo layers.  I have no idea why as it is my understanding that yontoo layers has to do with facebook. 

Anyway, I uninstalled yontoo and the warnings have stopped.  I posted a message on both the ndo2 forums and yontoo forums that yontoo is being detected ass malware.

The warning looked like ...

url: hxxps://yontoo:layers...
app: .../chrome.exe
??: Al
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:30:38 AM by ctbram »

ady4um

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 04:21:46 AM »
Please replace (modify in you post) the live link to that potentially problematic site with

hXXp

so to avoid "helping" them and so to avoid anyone else clicking on it (by mistake).