Author Topic: avast keeps blocking google chrome  (Read 22262 times)

toadfan321

avast keeps blocking google chrome
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »
ive had some porblems with googe chrome and avast it keeps blocking chrome i think every 5 minutes or so(i just got on as im typing this) i get a message saying malware blocked from a site called my.blueadvertisments.com(i think the box went away) and google chrome wont load any pages

heres a screen shot of the box

all help is accepted

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast keeps blocking google chrome
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 08:53:12 PM »
It isn't blocking chrome, it is blocking access to what is considered a harmful page.

Given the my.blueadvertise domain name it appears that it is inserting adverts into your pages that you browse. Is this my.blueadvertise something that you installed, toolbar etc. ?

Not so long ago many adservers were poisoned in so much as instead of adverts they were delivering malicious content.

So what exactly are you doing when you get this alert ?
e.g/ just general browsing or actually at this site.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

toadfan321

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 09:17:37 PM »
thank you for a reply!

i get that when i open chrome then when i go somewhere i get an error saying that the website might be temporarily down or moved and it wont work till i restart chrome go to the site and refresh a bunch ive had no problems with chrome till i got avast and now i can barely use chrome cause somethings being blocked

it says the path is
C:/documents and settings/obscenetree/localsettings/applicationdata/google/chrome/chrome.exe

P.S. my home page is google.com

toadfan321

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 09:22:51 PM »
another thing i noticed when chrome is open is that about every 2 or 3 minutes or so i loose internet connection completely then reconnect after about 30 seconds and get the same message from chrome

toadfan321

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »
heres the rror i get fr9m chrome

This webpage is not available
The webpage at http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59095.0 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

the url ican be anything in this example i was going to a topic on the forums

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »
I fear your system has some form of infection as I have no problem running Google Chrome and my home page is google.com as well.

You may need the help of an expert to remove the infection.

Please read this topic:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

toadfan321

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:20 PM »
i dont have an infection i know that

when i turned off web shield network shield blocked a malicious website called filetsee.com

toadfan321

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 10:03:58 PM »
anyone got any suggestions its like avast is trying to find anything to block just to stop chrome after turning off websheild network sheild blocked a "malicious URL" and i turned off that now chrome is working fine

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »
If you read my first reply again, adverts can be poisoned and some major ad-servers have been compromised in the past.

So my advice is first and foremost block ads, in firefox I use AdBlockPlus I believe there is now an adblockplus for chrome, so I would try that.

As you can see the web shield and network shied are doing a good job, I don't know if you have made a typo on the domain name filetsee.com but I can find nothing on it, see image. I certainly wouldn't shoot the messenger so as to be able to browse. Try browsing the same sites using IE and see if avast's web shield alerts and you will see it isn't a case of it blocking chrome.

The web shield doesn't look for stuff, it intercepts http traffic so that it can be scanned. It isn't trying to stop chrome, it is blocking what it considers an infected site or infected element on that site.

How do you know you don't have an infection ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

toadfan321

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 12:13:12 AM »
well now im getting error

Error 321 (net::ERR_INVALID_CHUNKED_ENCODING): Unknown error.

and IE is broken for me

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 12:26:16 AM »
It looks like you have some underlying problems, exactly what I don't know.
Try searching for any of the error codes, certainly a lot for ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED.

Has IE previously worked ?
What errors are you getting with that ?

Do you happen to be using any proxy or encryption service ?

YoKenny

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 09:00:52 PM »
Its the old problem:
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think!

If IE is broken as well then the system is broken and INFECTED!