Author Topic: conflict with online armor  (Read 9292 times)

Offline yarin

conflict with online armor
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:34:35 PM »
I found when I simultaneously installed avast! free and online armor free, the script shield of avast! seems to not work. is there some conflict between avast! and online armor?

Tetsuo

Re: conflict with online armor
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »
Hi, have you tried setting mutually exclusions for Avast and OA?

Offline yarin

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 11:01:05 PM »
yes,I guess I found that reason of that. for avoiding the conflict, I uninstall the behavior shield, and then the script shield did not work. It seems that the script shield will not work when you don't install the behavior shield. many of my friend come cross this situation. is it a bug? or just the SS base on BS?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »
It seems that the script shield will not work when you don't install the behavior shield.

That's right. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:51:05 AM »
I found when I simultaneously installed avast! free and online armor free, the script shield of avast! seems to not work. is there some conflict between avast! and online armor?
I have both avast and OA Free and have never had any issues.
Do as Tetsuo and and make the proper exclusions.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:59:56 AM »
My problems with Online Armor recently was Program Not responding messages yet I used it on another computer with no problems.

Uninstalled On Line Armor and no problems.

I know - strange.

printed on 100% recycled bytes

Tetsuo

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
My problems with Online Armor recently was Program Not responding messages yet I used it on another computer with no problems.

I know - strange.

Perhaps at this point you could try setting all the exclusions for OA in Avast before installing OA again.
Also, during the installation of OA try setting the exclusions for Avast before rebooting the system (you are able to do that at some point during the Safety Check Wizard, clicking on the Options link on the left).

By the way, I always recommend to uninstall OA in safe mode (using its own uninstall program) and then reboot twice.

For what it's worth, here is my set-up for Avast and OA:

Win XP Pro SP3 (Hardware DEP)
Avast! Free AV 6.0.1367 (Behaviour/Script Shield removed)
Online Armor Free 5.1.1.1395 (Web Shield disabled)
*Avast!/OA mutually excluded
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:07:51 PM by Tetsuo »

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 01:21:34 AM »

I know - strange.

Perhaps at this point you could try setting all the exclusions for OA in Avast before installing OA again.
Also, during the installation of OA try setting the exclusions for Avast before rebooting the system (you are able to do that at some point during the Safety Check Wizard, clicking on the Options link on the left).

By the way, I always recommend to uninstall OA in safe mode (using its own uninstall program) and then reboot twice.

For what it's worth, here is my set-up for Avast and OA:

Win XP Pro SP3 (Hardware DEP)
Avast! Free AV 6.0.1367 (Behaviour/Script Shield removed)
Online Armor Free 5.1.1.1395 (Web Shield disabled)
*Avast!/OA mutually excluded

Thanks but it was just easier to uninstall Online Armor. I don't need the aggravation.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
@ yarin,

As Tetsuo pointed out, the best way to avoid this conflict since both Avast and OA use HIPS is to mutually exclude them.  I have all shields on in both Avast and OA with no conflicts.  I used to be a beta tester for OA.  I also uninsall OA in Safe Mode as well making sure all remnants are removed.  Please try the following to see if this resolves your problem...

The best way to exclude both OA and Avast is the following:

To exclude OA in Avast:

·   Settings > Exclusions > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.
·   Real Time Shields > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.
·   Behavior Shield > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.  Also change action to take in Behavior Shield to “Ask.”

To exclude Avast in OA:

·   Open the OA GUI > Options > Exclusions > Add > click on the pop-up window and find C:\Program Files\Avast Software\.

·   When you reboot OA (to go into Learning Mode), make sure ALL Avast shields are left on.

·   Reboot your machine again; OA requires two boots.  After this second reboot, you may get a pop-up asking you if you trust Avast.  Answer the pop-up as "Trust Always" and "Remember My Decision" and you should not get any more pop-ups. 
·   Open the OA GUI > Programs > untick "Hide Trusted" so that you can see everything > look to make sure everything from Avast is not "blocked" (red) or "ask" (yellow).  If it is, right-click the item and change it to "Trust."  Reboot.

·   Open the OA GUI > Options > Backup/Restore > Save your settings once you have everything the way you want it.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.  Thank you.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 05:37:38 PM »
Hey SafeSurf welcome back! Hope 2012 is better than 2011!  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

SafeSurf

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 12:12:08 PM »
Thanks...me too!  ;)

Arnold72

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
hi,
Im using the online armor and avast combination and i have never had any issues with it.i was using the comodo internet security full suite but i have heard bad things about them as a company.
regards. 8)