Author Topic: (Small Request) Please fix Avast 6 UI when in full screen!  (Read 6944 times)

gate1975mlm

(Small Request) Please fix Avast 6 UI when in full screen!
« on: February 08, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
When you make Avast 6 full screen the top right corner where the Minimize, Maximize/Restore Down and Close buttons are cut off a little bit.

Screenshot 1 shows the problem and Screenshot 2 shows how it should to be.

I have this issue on both my 22" 1680 by 1050 LCD and my Laptops 1600 by 900 screen.

Can this and will it be fixed by Avast?

I know Avast 7 is coming soon and I hope it will be fixed in 7.

I relize its just a small issue but if it can be fixed that would be nice :)

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: (Small Request) Please fix Avast 6 UI when in full screen!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »

It seems, it's fixed in v7: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=92820.0

gate1975mlm

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »

It seems, it's fixed in v7: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=92820.0

Installed Avast 7 Beta and its still not fixed.

Have a look at these 2 screenshots.
First screenshot clearly shows part of the UI being cut off. The whole left side where the orange boader is is cut off and the top right corner is also cut off some.

Screenshot 2 is how it should look.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:16:29 PM by gate1975mlm »

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »
Why use full screen?

Why not just resize the display to see the GUI?

gate1975mlm

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »
Why use full screen?

Why not just resize the display to see the GUI?

Actually I do resize it.

But I am reporting this anyway because its a design flaw in the UI.

And I would lke to know if Avast can and will fix it?

I would not think something like this would be very hard to fix. But then again I am no programmer :)

I use other software that have their own skin design and do not have this cut off issue in full screen.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »
This isn't an issue in avast7 beta on my system XP Pro SP3, see image, nothing crucial, like the buttons being clipped in avast6 example. As for the left side, that is just the Orange 3d effect, so I don't know how that might be reflected in the windows full screen, but nothing crucial is effected.

I honestly can't see the point in using full screen, especially when I have a 1920x1200 26" TFT monitor. Even on my win7 netbook, 1024x600, the last thing I want to do is go full screen, I'm permanently trying to reduce the sizes to a minimum...

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:35:38 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gate1975mlm

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »
This isn't an issue in avast7 beta on my system XP Pro SP3, see image, nothing crucial, like the buttons being clipped in avast6 example. As for the left side, that is just the Orange 3d effect, so I don't know how that might be reflected in the windows full screen, but nothing crucial is effected.

I honestly can't see the point in using full screen, especially when I have a 1920x1200 26" TFT monitor. Even on my win7 netbook, 1024x600, the last thing I want to do is go full screen, I'm permanently trying to reduce the sizes to a minimum...

EDIT: Typo.

The more I look at it it Avast 7 UI it does seem improved over Avast 6 UI clipping issue.

Avast 7 UI May not be perfect in full screen but its good enough.

I am just too much of a perfectionist :) lol

ady4um

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 09:00:58 PM »
One thing is "full screen" and another is maximized.

If you have the avast GUI NOT-maximized, and you move it (just as any other middle sized window), then maximize it with the appropriate button, is it still "cropped"? Can you compare the same exact procedure with other window, like with Windows Explorer? (meaning, first middle sized window, then move it, then maximize it).

To be 100% clear, when I say "maximize, I don't mean manually expanding the borders (nor a "full screen mode" of web browsers and video players). I mean applying the "maximize" feature of the window menu.

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 01:29:00 AM »
The more I look at it it Avast 7 UI it does seem improved over Avast 6 UI clipping issue.

Avast 7 UI May not be perfect in full screen but its good enough.

I am just too much of a perfectionist :) lol

Perfecionists are often disapointed as there is no such thing as perfection only improvements.

ady4um

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 06:27:31 AM »
@gate1975mlm,

If you are still using the beta program, please try the latest new beta. Using 7.0.1396 (aka "beta1"), I still saw the problem you described. I think there is some improvement in 7.0.1399 (aka "beta2") in relation to this report / topic. Please report back.