Author Topic: Avast autosandbox has made my conputer un usable  (Read 3991 times)

nigelwright7557

Avast autosandbox has made my conputer un usable
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:41 AM »
Many of the programs on my pc are built using Visual C# and this doesnt provide a trusted digital signature to the .exe files.

I now have have 15 .exe's that avast suggest running from the autosandbox.

I have had to disable the autosandbox to get my pc working correctly !!

I have used signtool to add signatures but the autosandbox still comes up.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Avast autosandbox has made my conputer un usable
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »
Yes, this is FileRep coming into play. As you're probably the only person on the planet with the executables, they're somewhat more "suspicious".

Instead of disabling the Autosandbox, I'd recommend to add the folder where these files reside into File System Shield's scan exclusion list. This should solve the problem as well.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
You can add to autosandbox exclusions instead of disabling the autosandbox feature.
Or you can set the autosandbox to "ask" mode and check to remember your decisions.
The best things in life are free.

oklajohn

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »
You can add to autosandbox exclusions instead of disabling the autosandbox feature.
Or you can set the autosandbox to "ask" mode and check to remember your decisions.

This is what I had to do also - set sandbox to "ask".  Sandbox was running each time I booted up and caused bluescreen twice....obviously, it didn't like my programs installed.  (Version 6 accepted them)  I finally changed the setting and after several reboots, I seem to have it under control.  Also the  now infamous "finish" popup keep coming back until after several reboots.  I thought avast would recognize the programs on my pc when I upgraded from the avast support button, but was I ever wrong!  Anyway, after several hours working with avast and the pc, things seem to be ok now. Not really a smooth upgrade tho.   (I am running Windows 7 x64 SP1) 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
The best things in life are free.

akama1

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:50:40 PM »
try adding the files that avast sandboxes into the autosandbox file to exclude from sandbox list

ady4um

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:59 PM »
Will this help? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93915.msg747943#msg747943
@Tech,

I doubt it would help for the (auto)sandbox problems. Those are instructions given in the German forum so to stop the repetitive "complete installation" dialog that appears after every reboot (after avast 7 was installed).

There should be 2 possibilities (if autosandbox works correctly). One is to open each program while autosandbox / behavior shield is set to "ask". Then check the option would be to open the program normally and to save the settings permanently.

The other possibility, for now, is to add exceptions / exclusions to the behavior shield / autosandbox, pointing to the executables (not the entire folders) that are currently triggering the sandbox.