Author Topic: chrome web rep not working  (Read 7618 times)

mikeman10

chrome web rep not working
« on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:28 AM »
Ever since i updated to avast7 the web rep for google chrome stopped working now there is just a big black X is this a know bug?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:26:04 AM by mikeman10 »

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: chrome web rep not working
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:32 AM »
What version of Google Chrome are you using?
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

DarthArgyle

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:51:59 AM »
The web rep wasn't working for me yesterday in Firefox, IE, or Chrome.

When I logged on a couple of hours ago, however, I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to Version 7 of the free version of avast!.  It's been working ever since then.

mikeman10

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »
What version of Google Chrome are you using?
im using chrome18.0.1025.39 beta-m

BaconRules

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:56:01 PM »
As I said in a different thread (before I found this one),
The WebRep extension that came with Avast v6 worked fine on all the latest versions of Chrome (stable, beta, dev, even the latest canary builds) prior to today.  Now that Avast v7 is installed, the extension just sits there with a gray X on it's face.

The problem has to be Avast, since the only thing that changed between today and yesterday was the version of Avast.

selen

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »
I have the same problem with webrep on chrome and firefox. Icons are grey or disappeared

Hexogen

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 01:54:48 AM »
Same issue here. I've upgraded to Avast 7 on two different computers (both running Windows 7), and the WebRep icon is just a dark gray X in Chrome. It works fine in Firefox. I'll add that on one of the PCs, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Chrome plugin using the Avast UI. Now the icon doesn't show up at all, and WebRep is not even listed on Chrome's extension page. Oh, and on that same PC I tried a repair install of Avast and an uninstall/reinstall as well. Still doesn't work.

Offline cardsharp

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
I have the same grey-cross issue on the beta Chrome stream following the upgrade.

Although the problem is definitely caused by the upgrade to v7, it may be that Chrome has a broken interface. Can never tell without examination.

ozgur75

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
I use google chrome version:18.0.1025.141 en avast version7.0.1407.0 same problem hier wep rep is (on the right up corner) stop working!!

I use allso IE 9 en it looks like normaly functioning. :o  Thats why i think there must be somthing wrong with update/patch  avast.
I affraid i must use IE again >:(  or do you think i can keep on using google chrome and ignore the problem? But than again wil i be stil protected??
waiting for your answears
thx

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 04:35:11 PM »
follow the following screenshots to solve ur problems  ;)

after uninstalling webrep for google chrome, completely close google chrome
after reinstalling webrep for google chrome restart google chrome

note: when i say drag into google chrome i literary mean u open google chrome browser and just drag the file into it anyway within google chrome
          Avast does not guarantee that the programme will work with any google chrome betas.

please post back if this works for u.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:09:08 PM by AntiVirusASeT »