Author Topic: HELP..URGENT...AVAST7 SLOWING/FREEZING WINDOWS7 SP1 [SOLVED]  (Read 17871 times)

Reetesh

HELP..URGENT...AVAST7 SLOWING/FREEZING WINDOWS7 SP1 [SOLVED]
« on: February 25, 2012, 08:50:52 PM »
plzzzz do help!!!!!
 :(  :( :(avast 7.0.1407 freezes windows 7 build 7601 service pack 1 32 bit completely
    it takes exactly (or more) 20 minutes to boot up and load desktop icons..taskbar etc
    it seems like every alternate boot hangs the comp at the welcome screen...if it doesnt...it stays at a blank screen with cursor consuming 20 minutes
    after successful startup...on opening avast interface and clicking ok ...etc...freezes the computer completely...keyboard...capslock indicator...etc stop to work...i have to hard boot then
    no point in modifying avast5.ini file...already tried that[/]
    avast support team please do help
    i love the new features of avast 7 but i am compelled to uninstall it, this is my 1st post..please pardon any mistakes
    thanks in advance
    regards
    plzzzz do help!!!!![/list]
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:16:18 PM by Reetesh »

ady4um

Re: HELP..URGENT...AVAST7 FREEZING WINDOWS7 SP1
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »
    Had you uninstalled your previous antivirus? Eliminated its remnants with the respective removal utility?

Are you able to boot into Windows Safe Mode normally? Or you have issues in that situation too?

Reetesh

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:57:56 PM »
    no i had avast6...i updated it through the maintainence tab...then this problem started...i was using avst6 happily....however windows work fine in safe mode

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
    Try uninstalling avast from Safe Mode. then Reboot into Normal Mode and test if all is fine. If it boots correctly, you could try installing anew and rebooting after the new installation.

Optionally, you could clean any remnants after the uninstallation http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Although, aswclear might still leave some remnants, like aswrdr2sys in C:/windows/system32/drivers or some other "avast*" or "alwil" folders. Delete them too (after the normal uninstall and after aswclear). Only then, when all seems fine, try the new install (of version 6 if you'd rather go back).

Reetesh

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
    yeah...that will supposedly and most probably WORK...but can i not get avast7 working fine maybe if theres a bug in this version..they may fix it...problem is i want avast 7 features like cloud services

ady4um

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
    I'm not saying to get rid of avast 7 permanently. Just to clean up the system (like running aswclear for both avast 7 and 6 too) and try a new install.

Anyway, an just to be clear, avast 6 is still active and useful.

I can't give you a patch or alike, as I am just a simple user as you are.

Reetesh

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 09:40:24 PM »
    thanks for ur efforts ady...and yupp ur patches and tweaks are most welcome..:)...
    ..also i wanted to know how to change theme/skin of avast gui...if possible...hope u know..."simple user"

ady4um

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
    Avast 7 is supposed to be "tolerant" with some Windows configurations, like "High Contrast" for example, but I haven't tested this yet. Other than that, no skins in avast 7 :(.

Let us know how the cleaning and reinstall goes.

Reetesh

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
    SURE  I WILL LET U KNOW ABOUT REINST ALL AND ALL

dim33

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:59 PM »
    I have had exactly the same problem with v7.0.1407. It completely freezes my Windows 7 sp1 64bit. I have to physically turn off by cutting the power.

I have uninstalled in safe mode and reinstalled twice. Still freezes.

I have reinstalled 6.0.1367 and so far so good. No freezes.

Something is definitely wrong with 7.0.1407

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »
    I have had exactly the same problem with v7.0.1407. It completely freezes my Windows 7 sp1 64bit. I have to physically turn off by cutting the power.

I have uninstalled in safe mode and reinstalled twice. Still freezes.

I have reinstalled 6.0.1367 and so far so good. No freezes.

Something is definitely wrong with 7.0.1407
    I have had no problem on my Windows 7 SP1 64bit system with v7.0.1407  8)

BenBenny738

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:41 PM »
    I have the same problem.
    For fixing it, I stopped the Agent File.

My computer is running on XP SP2.

ady4um

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »
    Please read the topic, and, if necessary, open new topics for each case, as each one might be different and it is more difficult to answer to each one in the same topic.

Reetesh

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 06:46:38 AM »
    hey i succesfully got to eliminate complete freezing up...after a hanful of reboots n reboots
    but the system has been rendered too slow...here is what i observed plz help in eliminating these problem
                                                        time               cumulative
    pressed the power on button at  0 secs           0 secs
    logon screen and sound               37.2 secs      37.2 secs
    welcome screen                            7 secs           44.2 secs
    start+taskbar                           4min 25.46 secs 5min 9.66 secs
    start sound                                 5.57 secs          5min 15.23 secs
    fully load                                    1min 35secs      6min 50.23secs

this is wat i got with avast 7 running (i selected to load avast services after system services and disabled rootkit scan too)
    problem has been solved to much extent(not tried opening the avast gui)
    now the main problem is it takes 6 minutes to startup fully.....just help me out with it....specially it lags after the welcome screen(4.5 minutes!!!!)....i know it can b fixd
    thx in advance...regards
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:50:23 AM by Reetesh »

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
    « Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »
    Reetesh: this might be an odd problem with other programmes u have set to startup with ur computer. please state any programmes u have set to startup with the pc on top of ur system specs (it need not be antispyware/antimalware, it could be even be something like a defragment utility)

do post ur reply here  ;)