Author Topic: ATTN VLK: Avast7 Internet Security Support is NOT what I paid for!!!  (Read 3974 times)

UserA789

I have been dedicated to Avast for a number of years.  However, the suport via the Support Ticket site is less than sub-standard.  I dont get it.  I paid for the product and expected the same top notch support that the software demonstrates.  They continually combine tickets that have NOTHING do with each other.  It seems as though they read the first part and then decide what the rest 'must' be relaying.  If an ACTUAL Avast team member gets this, please read the following ticket THROUGHLY (Ticket #OXW-598354).

I have files that were NOT cleaned up in by unisntalltion OR aswclear (posted on the forum: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=95063.msg759090#msg759090 ).  These are files CREATED by Avast, apparently.  See the screenshot in the post.

Is there a problem with these agents and their comprehension?  Is it something I said?  Is Avast simply biased against the country of orgin?

I dont get it, when the product is so above the rest, why the support seems the same; if not worse.  And calling in isnt the answer either.  One is simply having to re-state and put into slow, childlike phrases to get ANY help at all.  Is it time for me to STOP sharing my great opinions of Avast with the veterans I meet with each month, as once its bought we are left to mostly or own devices and knowledge?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: ATTN VLK: Avast7 Internet Security Support is NOT what I paid for!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:45 PM »
Hi UserA789,
I understand your frustration, but this seems to be quite a hard nut to crack. You seem to be the first person who has ever had the problem (or at least reported it to us).

The Sandbox folder is indeed set so that no one besides the System account can access it. This makes it slightly more difficult to remove.
However, individual files in the folder may be protected by other mechanisms (some even outside of avast) and so removing the folder using regular methods may not be possible.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

UserA789

Re: ATTN VLK: Avast7 Internet Security Support is NOT what I paid for!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
Hi UserA789,
I understand your frustration, but this seems to be quite a hard nut to crack. You seem to be the first person who has ever had the problem (or at least reported it to us).

The Sandbox folder is indeed set so that no one besides the System account can access it. This makes it slightly more difficult to remove.
However, individual files in the folder may be protected by other mechanisms (some even outside of avast) and so removing the folder using regular methods may not be possible.

Vlk
So my only option will be to format the drive completly?  Can it be delted from a commnad prompt?  Can a dev remote with the PC in question to remove it if its trade secret stuff?  Im pretty much already realising that I will need to format/re-install but that sucks TBH.  Id love to insure this doesnt happen to anyone else.

BTW... I sent this file to support so maybe if you can read the ticket, you can download what Iv attached and examine the file to determine its origins?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:34:42 AM by UserA789 »