Author Topic: Sf.bin / Use Code Emulation  (Read 3356 times)

filechango

Sf.bin / Use Code Emulation
« on: March 16, 2012, 02:59:59 PM »
HI!Use Code Emulation, I disable this option on the file system shield (like some post in this forum recomend) and the problem with the Sf. bin are aparently resolved (use of the CPU, fucking flashing) . I want to understand what´s the diference between  on-off this option (use code emulation) Thanks a LOT!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Sf.bin / Use Code Emulation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »
The emulator helps the unpacking engine, so the scanner may detect scrambled/obfuscated malware executables that wouldn't be detected without the emulator.

filechango

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 03:22:05 PM »
Thanks Igor! What you recomend? because with the able option (code emulation) the Avast use on my note is a hell, if I disable the emulator , I,m unprotected, and the problem just start when I update the Avast to the latest version few days ago. I been used Avast for the last 5 years without any trouble. OS XP pro / Core Duo / 4G RAM. Many thanks! 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
To start with that site doesn't exactly have a good reputation according to WOT - http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/spywareremovalhelp.org.

That site also has outod date wordpress software, leaving it more vulnerable to attack,

The sf.bin*32.exe has nothing to do with avast, sf.bin is an avast file, but not sf.bin*32.exe
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security