Author Topic: aswjsflt.dll keeps crashing my browser!  (Read 7146 times)

Unltd

aswjsflt.dll keeps crashing my browser!
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »
this is truly annoying.  why is it doing this?  I cannot go to any page suddenly a video or it will crash my browser,.  I can go to BBC to get the commons videos but as soon as I engage one this same thing crashes the browser again.  I cannot remove the file,it claims write protected or in use.  I want that thing out of my machine or fixed.  Supprt does not answer.   I have upgraded from avast 5 to avast 7, same trouble! 
I note seveal updtes have occurred, still no change.  i also think it dod not happen until I took recent version of free Zone alarms,perhaps there is confilict and someone can tell me how to fix?
HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: aswjsflt.dll keeps crashing my browser!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »
i also think it dod not happen until I took recent version of free Zone alarms,
if so i would try uninstalling Zone alarm and see if that fixes it.......if it does, then you know what to do with zonealarm  ;)

Unltd

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »
Too, I try to put in avast 6 to see if this will change and the thing want to shove google browser in my machine with NO telling it will do this and NO selection to say no thank you to it.  I do not want the chrome, ti never works in my machine and do not like google people at all, they publish things they should not.  why is there no warning it is to be installed and no selection to refuse it?!! also did this with 7 last night, very bad, needs fixing! 
am now attempting to load 6 and see if this will help.  Must also spend much time removing chrome before using
why does support not answer ticket?  I must take videos as part of work, the aswjsflt.dll trouble is NOT good, must stop.  why do they not answer?

Unltd

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:44:14 PM »
@ pondus  No,thank you. It must be in, it is needed.  I only think it might be, but am not sure as both updates were taken simultaneous.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »
I take it that this is the bbc iPlayer, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006nldz I just tested it on that one PMs Questions and no problems what so ever. Of course I'm not using ZA but Agnitum, Outpost Firewall Pro.

So if you have a sepcific video link we can check it out ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:58:31 PM »
First, you didn't supply the most important information - what browser do you use?
Second, that file is only present in avast! 7 (maybe also in the latest builds of avast! 6, I'm not 100% sure), so any problem with aswJsFlt.dll certainly cannot happen with avast! 5. Are you sure you were getting the same error with the old version?
Also, do you have any more info about the crash? (like an address where the problem occurred... any details from the error window)

[As for the "support doesn't answer" - you certainly won't receive a response within hours during a weekend; might take a couple more days.]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:04:01 PM by igor »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
It is a far guess, but I think it is a Firefox crash. But I might be wrong,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 11:25:33 PM »
Well I don't think it is firefox as the aswjsflt.dll file is the "avast! Script Blocking filter library" (from avast6 on) and I haven't had a peep out of the script shield in firefox for some considerable time. So for me that isn't working in firefox.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security