Author Topic: Avast 7 free does not let me register  (Read 9929 times)

wazz

Avast 7 free does not let me register
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
Ok i just freshly formated my laptop. But avast 7 free does not let me register.

I rember the old avast free versions did let me register

Here is a pic

hxxp://i2.lulzimg.com/4c426dda17.jpg

I click "Or register free antivirus (base protection only)" then i click "Continue" but nothing happens.

Thnx if any1 can help me out
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:25:41 AM by igor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 7 free does not let me register
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
Whilst this may be a server issue (busy); it could be something else (see below). You obviously have plenty of time so try again later.

You can also click the off-line registration option and fill in the form at avast.com, this should send you an email with a registration key. This can then be entered via the avast interface.

- What is your operating system and  firewall ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

truefrogs

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »
i was having the exact same problem friday evening, i just did the offline registration, got my key in an email about 10 minutes later and copy/pasted it into avast, which excepted the key no problem :)

really don't know what caused the online registration to not work??? i tried repeatedly over the space of about 4 hours.

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »
I am qetting a malicious website pront by MBAM because of the picture. Anyone else is seeing this.

wazz

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »
Whilst this may be a server issue (busy); it could be something else (see below). You obviously have plenty of time so try again later.

You can also click the off-line registration option and fill in the form at avast.com, this should send you an email with a registration key. This can then be entered via the avast interface.

- What is your operating system and  firewall ?

Thnx for the reply.

I dont have plenty of time. The only days off work i got is sunday (2day) and Monday (2moro) :D

My operating system is Vista

The thing is the last time i registered free avast was like 1 year or 6 or 7 months ago lol. There was no activation key. I jus entered my email address and bam. My 1 year free avast :D

i was having the exact same problem friday evening, i just did the offline registration, got my key in an email about 10 minutes later and copy/pasted it into avast, which excepted the key no problem :)

really don't know what caused the online registration to not work??? i tried repeatedly over the space of about 4 hours.

guess ill wait a few days. If that dont work then. then ill fill in the Register for your free avast! 1 year license form

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »
I am qetting a malicious website pront by MBAM because of the picture. Anyone else is seeing this.

No, but I gave up on MBAM Pro's Malicious site blocking as it is by far its worst point as it doesn't do what it says block malicious sites as its database is much wider than just malicious sites and for that reason it got disabled. You have A) your browser (most have malicious/phishing site blocking, firefox does), B) the network Shield, C) the Web Shield and D) firefox add-ons AdBlockPlus (you can add.subscribe to its Malware Domains list).

So more options than you can shake a stock at and as far as I'm concerned more than enough not to need MBAM's malicious site blocking, which for me is more hassle than it is worth.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:09 AM »
Hi folks,

Seems that this IP block is given valid as I read from malwarebytes forums,
The IP is blocked because it's part of a Voxility range (there's a plethora of abuse over there, and no response from them to date).
  quote source MBAM forum mod  MysteryFCM, re: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=104985
I found no additional proof at bizimbal: the IP is not in their list. BrightCloud gives a yellow 40 rep index meaning
Suspicious
There is a higher than average probability that the user will be exposed to malicious links or payloads.
Another example of a Voxility range block ny MBAM and that was not a false positive: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=105236
link author  answering request to have it removed = MysteryFCM again.
Seems that this domain was involved:  htxp://i2.lulzimg.com/383df8b6ec.jpg  and that more than one instances of it are no longer responsive,  so closed.
That IP is still up, so there might be new malware activity from that domain.. See  htxp://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/http://i2.lulzimg.com  Site with warnings, but not blacklisted according Sucuri's. As it is a Malaysian file multi-sharing site, who knows what may be out there? This is some background info that I could dug up so far,

polonus
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:35:11 AM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 01:41:40 AM »
Like I have said before any sharing site, be that images or executables, etc. is liable to abuse, but is that a reason to block everything and for me the answer is no. That is why I believe live scanning is preferable to database checking.

wazz

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »
Avast is still not letting me register free via the avast program. So I guess ill have to fill in Register for your free avast! 1 year license form.

Maybe a update can fix this prob :D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:45 PM »
I doubt an update would make a difference if it is a server issue.

hobwebs

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
I can confirm that the 'Continue' button is broken in the latest version. So far I've installed it on 3 different machines (new Windows installs with no additional firewall software etc) and when I click Register it brings up a box with radio buttons. If you choose any of the paid versions and click Continue it fires up the default browser and takes you to the web page to purchase. If I choose 'Free' and click Continue it just sits there - no error messages nothing.
I had to download the previous version of 7 from File Hippo and install over the top, then register, then update.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »
I was installing Avast free on a customer's PC today and experienced the same problem. Had to do the registration by filling out the form online.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hawkeye_09

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
 ;DHI EVERYBODY!!! I EXACTLY KNOW HOW TO REGISTER IT! SEE.... AFTER YOU CHOSE THE "Or register free antivirus (base protection only)" THEN CLICK "CONTINUE", PRESS THE ESCAPE KEY "Esc" THEN THE REGISTRATION FORM WILL LOAD... THEN FILL IT UP, THEN CLICK "REGISTER FOR FREE LICENSE. TA DA!!! :P HEHE I JUST DISCOVERED IT MYSELF AFTER I GOT ANGRY WHEN THEY SAID THAT I SHOULD WAIT FOR 30 MINUTES AFTER I USED THE OFF-LINE REGISTRATION.... WELL GOOD LUCK FOR YOU ;)