Author Topic: Can't Print from Safezone  (Read 7704 times)

Offline Lateral

Can't Print from Safezone
« on: May 07, 2012, 03:37:12 AM »
Hi guys

I have just started using Safezone for my Banking transactions and have found that I cannot print from within Safezone and when I exit Safezone, I can no longer print from any other application. i need to reboot the PC to get printing working again.

I am running Windows XP and the latest version of Avast Internet Security (Version 7.0.1426)

Thanks
Regards
Greg

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can't Print from Safezone
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »
Greg, it was announced some time ago that the SafeZone will get a lot of improvements, updates and bug fixes.
As far I know, printing is still a problem in some computers.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg775098#msg775098

@pk: any news about the SafeZone improvements?
The best things in life are free.

cek333

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »
Hello Lateral:
I have a similar issue ... (I'm using Win7 and can print fine after exiting Safezone but can't print from within safezone). Just wondering if you found any workarounds?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:11:00 AM by cek333 »

Offline sipreal

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 02:29:19 AM »
Have the same problem after a program update. I also had this problem in the previous version of Avast, and managed to fix it, so I know it can be done.
Unfortunatly I do not remember how I did it.  :(

Please any suggestion is welcome.

cek333

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:42 AM »
Hello sipreal:
There was a workaround posted here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg771768#msg771768
(though it didn't work for me.) You can give that a try.

FYI ... I had created a support ticket with Avast for this issue and got the following reply on July 18: "This issue has been already reported to our developers and our team is currently working on the fix."

twl845

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 02:01:35 AM »
I just upgraded to Avast! PRO and can report that as of September 10, 2012 the problem of no printing in Safe Zone still exists. Does anyone have a report as to the progress of fixing the problem? Half of the purpose of accessing bank files on line is so we can do a print out. Using Safe Zone is the main reason I did the upgrade.

cek333

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 03:38:51 AM »
@twl845, I feel your pain. :'( SafeZone was the sole reason I upgraded to Internet Security from Avast free. Currently I don't use the SafeZone feature at all since I can't print out any statements! I still had an open case from Avast on this issue, so I pinged them to find out if they have a time estimate on when this issue would be fixed. Unfortunately, they were non committal on a date. Here's the full text of the reply received on Sept 14:
Quote from: Petr Bucek, 2nd level Technical Support
There I unfortunately no estimate time at the moment, however the issue is being solved and should be corrected with next program build."

twl845

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 04:23:26 AM »
@twl845, I feel your pain. :'( SafeZone was the sole reason I upgraded to Internet Security from Avast free. Currently I don't use the SafeZone feature at all since I can't print out any statements! I still had an open case from Avast on this issue, so I pinged them to find out if they have a time estimate on when this issue would be fixed. Unfortunately, they were non committal on a date. Here's the full text of the reply received on Sept 14:
Quote from: Petr Bucek, 2nd level Technical Support
There I unfortunately no estimate time at the moment, however the issue is being solved and should be corrected with next program build."
That's the explanation I got as well. I guess we'll have to sit tight and wait for the upgrade. I think they should not have released the final version until they had it fixed, rather than let us upgrade to the paid version thinking we could use the Safezone to its full extent.

Offline sipreal

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:47:53 AM »
Hello sipreal:
There was a workaround posted here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76679.msg771768#msg771768
(though it didn't work for me.) You can give that a try.

Hi all,
This fix worked for me, even though you still do not see the printer(s) in the printer selection window that pops up all you see is the "Add Printer" icon, but you simply click on "Print" and the printer starts to work.

Another work around solution that worked for me is to use the "Print Screen" feature on your pc or laptop, which copies whatever you see on the screen, Paste it into a photo editing program and print it from there.
However, first you have to do the following in the Avast User Interface:
Go to "Additional Protection" >> Safezone >> Settings >> select "Allow clipboard sharing between the desktop and SafeZone" and make sure it is set to "full".

I hope these 2 solutions work for everyone.

cek333

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 05:26:24 AM »
Just thought I would update this post to indicate that printing in safezone has been resolved (for me) in the 8.0.1483 update of Avast Internet Security.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
My work-around is to go to the Printer Properties (Not Printing Preferences) and select the Advanced tab. Now, change from "Spool print documents", to "Print directly to the printer". After printing what I need in SafeZone I set this back to "Spool print documents".