Author Topic: Connecting Avast to my account  (Read 2733 times)

doctorno91

Connecting Avast to my account
« on: May 11, 2012, 09:33:28 PM »
hi,
i tried to connext avst Free to my avast account, but it doesnt work, the action never finished. someone know what to do?

thx

KDelphi

Re: Connecting Avast to my account
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 05:07:39 AM »
Don't expect to get an answer around here...I paid for a year (after getting a Trojan with the free version) Yeah, I am stupid, but I am calling my credit card company to cancel it....I cannot log into support

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
i tried to connext avst Free to my avast account, but it doesnt work, the action never finished. someone know what to do?

There have been some server problems with that in the past (probably very busy), as seen some other topics, it isn't crucial to your security. If you only have one installation of avast, you probably don't need it, if you have multiple installations of avast it is more use to you as it would allow you to monitor the status of all of them.

So no immediate rush, give it a try later on.

When is this happening, e.g. is it because you are also registering an installation of avast free ?

If so you could use the off-line registration method - see support.avast knowledgebase article 612 Off-line registration..
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »
Don't expect to get an answer around here...I paid for a year (after getting a Trojan with the free version) Yeah, I am stupid, but I am calling my credit card company to cancel it....I cannot log into support

You could also post what problem you have in the forums and people would try to help you. But also don't say why you couldn't log into support, error messages, etc.

It would probably be quicker and easier to simply ask for a refund directly by email to sales (at) avast (dot) com.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »
You didn't give a chance for the forum users to help...
The best things in life are free.