Author Topic: Scan inbound/outbound hangs emails synchronization/sent after (795) micro-update  (Read 1294 times)

Offline markinson

In my Avast Free version 23.9.6082 - build 23.9.8494.795 (and my AVG Free 23.9.3302 -  build 23.9.8494.795, too, installed in another computer) after the nowadays 795 micro-update, the function of scanning the incoming and outgoing messages, in my case through the IMAP/SMTP protocols, blocks arrival, updating and sending e-mails.

As soon as I disable the options "Scan inbound emails (POP3, IMAP4)" and "Scan outbound emails (SMTP)", the mail program (Thunderbird in my case) resumes to work immediately and the messages (and mail folders) are again downloaded/synchronized/sent (my providers are Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.).

Please, could some confirm or help me.
Thank you so much in advance and sorry for my terrible English!  :-[
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:28:38 AM by markinson »

Offline markinson

Nighttime there was a further micro-update of the build, now to the edition 23.9.8494.796, but, at least in my case, the inconvenience remained.  :'(

Offline markinson

From what I have learned, it seems to be a problem not connected with the latest Avast (and AVG) updates, but with an emerging - and hopefully temporary - incompatibility with the latest release (6.4.0.378) of Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool (KART).
Here: New KART for Business 6.4.0.378 blocks incoming/outgoing mail by not allowing third-party antivirus scanning

:(