Author Topic: A Virus, that newest Avast can't even detect...  (Read 5019 times)

trejder

A Virus, that newest Avast can't even detect...
« on: August 24, 2005, 11:15:38 AM »
Hello!

Do you have anything releated to the IP address 82.228.183.116 or dc.sabela.pl?

Does avast! sends any pings to these addresses?

Answers should be - NOT.

Therefore, I have a virus on my computer, that uses other programs (INCLUDING avast! - see picture!) to send some traffic to above mentioned destinations.

My Sygate Personal Firewall has detected and blocked such an activity. But the virus is still active, because it continously uses other programs to sent traffic of this kind to a various IP addresses or other destinations in the Internet.

Avast can't even detect such a worm, not mentioning, that it could stop or remove it! :(

Please, help...
Tom

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: A Virus, that newest Avast can't even detect...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:44:41 AM »
To clean/protect a system from/against malware follow the instructions in the malware removal section on THIS WEBSITE

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: A Virus, that newest Avast can't even detect...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 11:17:03 PM »
Dzien dobry,

Hi trejder

The IP address is strange, because it is a French one mutualite-6-82-228-183-116.f6x.proxad.n#t in Lyon. It is a so-called free service, but at what a cost. The answer is: SKANUJ! scan your machine with anti-spyware scanners like Ad-Aware, Spyware S&D or an anti-trojan like A-Squared. If that does not do the trick, post a HijackThislog here. My guess is you have run into spyware of some nasty sort. "Gratis wychodzi czesto drogo".

Pozdrawiam,

polonus
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 11:19:16 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!