Avast WEBforum

Consumer Products => Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier) => Topic started by: -Lex- on May 31, 2006, 07:53:53 AM

Title: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: -Lex- on May 31, 2006, 07:53:53 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with Avast! Home latest build. I cant scan folders which contains russian symbols. I got error message about Avast! can't find that folder. And this situation is common for English and Russian versions of Avast!
Can someone comment? What does it mean?
Title: Re: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: igor on May 31, 2006, 10:06:41 AM
For avast! to work correctly in non-English environment, the system locale (or more specifically, the setting in Control Panel / Regional Settings / Advanced / Language for non-Unicode programs) should be set accordingly - i.e. to Russian in your case.
Title: Re: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: -Lex- on May 31, 2006, 03:58:22 PM
It's set to Russian by default as I use russian version of Wiindows. There was no that bug in the previouse version.
Title: Re: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: igor on May 31, 2006, 04:25:33 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the file/folder you are trying to scan? (picture of Explorer with the opened context menu for the selected file/folder)
Thanks.
Title: Re: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: -Lex- on May 31, 2006, 06:25:16 PM
Try to create new task with the name in Russian

(http://www.avast.ru/img/bugs/1.JPG)

Then try to add folder with Russian name

(http://www.avast.ru/img/bugs/2.JPG)

So we have a folder to scan with the russian name

(http://www.avast.ru/img/bugs/3.JPG)

And if I try to run it i got error message and a lot of broken symbols (it’s not a russian).

So I can’t scan folders with russian name and also task information is corrupted.

Avast 4.7.857 Eng and Rus versions
Windows 2000 Prof, Win XP

(http://www.avast.ru/img/bugs/4.JPG)
Title: Re: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: igor on May 31, 2006, 08:06:36 PM
The corruption of the task names was caused by a bug in the recent version.
Please try to update the program (a new version was released just now) - it should solve some, or maybe all, of your problems.
Title: Re: Problem with scanning (Russian symbols)
Post by: -Lex- on May 31, 2006, 11:09:18 PM
Thanx, Igor, it seems to be working now!