Author Topic: FALSE POSITIVE - BLACK LISTED  (Read 8522 times)

LuisDesigns

Re: FALSE POSITIVE - BLACK LISTED
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:29 PM »
Has been unblocked, thank you so much guys, from now on i will make sure that i check my website banners, links etc everyday lol.

Thanks again

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »
I am having exactly the same problem. Here are my current banned domains. They are hosted in my vps.
hxxp://blancomartin.cl (odoo software)
hxxp://blancomartin.com.ar (bootstrap site, scanned with freshclam since it is linux).
hxxp://superracks.cl (odoo software) I have recently informed as false positive blancomartin.cl, but now response by you.

Yoy are making a huge harm to my reputation.

Hello Avast Team.

We are having so many issues with your software. I’m the webmaster of few websites and this website in particular is been detected with viruses with your software and I’m so sure about this false positive been made by you! I’m getting in trouble because your software and very close to been sue by the owners and they are also losing money, reputation and users because of this problem!

I had download the entire website and scanned with your software and yes few files were detected and when I look at the codes had nothing to do with hacks or viruses they were just simple codes not in use but left there for future use if need it, any ways I remove all those codes and did a new scan with your software and had no negative results this time (still they were false positive before) But the website still black listed by your software and the owners are having a huge presentation by December 7th 2011.

I ask you kindly to please give me some advice in the matter and also remove the website in question from your black list.

I cannot add the domain address in this public forum because of its nature and privacy. But more than happy to send it to a private message to whomever is whiling to help me. Thank you.

Sincerely Hieloiceberg.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 08:18:37 AM »
Hello Daniel427,
all the listed domains use afraid.org for DNS hosting.

Any domain hosted on afraid.org can be used by other persons for dns hosting without your control. It happened for your domain, it was misused for malicious purposes - in that case, when nobody has control on subdomains of domain (DNS hijacking), we block the whole domain in order to protect our users. For you, the solution is most probably only changing the dns hosting and letting us know later.

Milos

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »
This site does not seem blocked by Avast Webshield: http://www.olihargon.com/
Nameserver test OK: https://dnscheck.sidn.nl/?time=1426172163&id=1801638&view=basic&test=standard
4 Problems
Category   Host   Result   
   https   olihargon.com   The Certificate has a name mismatch   
   dns   olihargon.com   Local NS list does not match Parent NS list   
   dns   olihargon.com   SOA Expire Value out of recommended range   
   smtp   olihargon-com.mail.eo.outlook.com   May be an open relay.    

pol
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!