Author Topic: NEW Avast Version 22.1 (January 2022)  (Read 25389 times)

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: NEW Avast Version 22.1 (January 2022)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 11:39:33 AM »
Unable to create rescuedisk with this new 22.1 version. See: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=317747.0

Offline alanb

• Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 04:50:50 PM »
Appreciate mentioning me in the changelog for firewall. I didn't expect that to happen yet my name was there. :) I also appreciate devs still care about user input. Still a very rare trait in the software industry, especially from very big companies.

@RejZoR, where did you find the changelog?

Offline Ozlover

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 05:20:24 PM »
On our (two) systems, this version (22.1) was automatically installed, while our 'Update' setting is 'Remind me when an update is available' (not 'Automatically update my appllcation' [sic]).

Any idea why that is?

N.B. The installed versions were rather old (because of the Web Shield hanging (in Chrome) bug (<https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=246736.0>)).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 06:20:12 PM »
On our (two) systems, this version (22.1) was automatically installed, while our 'Update' setting is 'Remind me when an update is available' (not 'Automatically update my appllcation' [sic]).

Any idea why that is?

N.B. The installed versions were rather old (because of the Web Shield hanging (in Chrome) bug (<https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=246736.0>)).

1.  Is it possible that a notice did appear but doesn't stay on the screen until you it one way or another.  EDIT: Though I would expect that it shouldn't update unless you initiated the update.

2.  If I were in your position with an old version (and not wanting it updated), I would have placed the Program Updates to Manual.

3.  In that old topic an Avast Team member requested logs to try and pin down the problem.
4.  There was also a suggestions to switch of the QUIC/HTTP2 setting in avast.
Did you do either of these two ?

Also
Has this problem ever been fixed?
Afaik, yes. If you have issues, start a new thread and provide details.

Starting a new topic as suggested would keep it out of a topic likely to have multiple threads and not your specific issue.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 06:22:15 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 10:09:48 AM »
Appreciate mentioning me in the changelog for firewall. I didn't expect that to happen yet my name was there. :) I also appreciate devs still care about user input. Still a very rare trait in the software industry, especially from very big companies.
Hi, it's in the splash screen that shows up after the update.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Ozlover

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2022, 11:58:25 AM »

Any idea why that is?

1.  Is it possible that a notice did appear but doesn't stay on the screen until you it one way or another.  EDIT: Though I would expect that it shouldn't update unless you initiated the update.

2.  If I were in your position with an old version (and not wanting it updated), I would have placed the Program Updates to Manual.

3.  In that old topic an Avast Team member requested logs to try and pin down the problem.
4.  There was also a suggestions to switch of the QUIC/HTTP2 setting in avast.
Did you do either of these two ?

Also
Has this problem ever been fixed?
Afaik, yes. If you have issues, start a new thread and provide details.

Starting a new topic as suggested would keep it out of a topic likely to have multiple threads and not your specific issue.

Yes, I could have set Program Updates to Manual, but as it never did a override of the settings, there was no reason to expect an override. (For example my Windows Update settings are similar. notify but don't install.)

As to the Web Shield hanging (in Chrome) bug, that was reported several times, with logs, and Avast devs reported that it was being worked on. So there was no reason for me to start yet another thread and provide yet more logs for a problem which Avast was working on.
The/my point was that it was never reported as fixed.

That's the problem with new version announcements as this thread, it mentions *some* bugs which were fixed, but not *all* bugs which were fixed and only says "And many more...".

Most other software suppliers provide detailed Release Notes, Change Log, etc., which describe which bugs were fixed. I don't know why Avast - apparently - does not. See the other request in this very thread for such information.

Without detailed bug fix information, the user has to check each and every update to try to find out whether a bug has been fixed or not. A very tiresome and unneeded process.

Anyway, the Web Shield hanging (in Chrome) bug seems to have been fixed. No idea in which version.

Offline alanb

• Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2022, 04:30:30 PM »

Thanks Asyn  :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2022, 06:16:24 PM »
Thanks Asyn  :)
You're welcome. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline dotmatrix00110001

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 03:09:22 AM »
Since 22.1 Arrived every time part of it updates it deems all my network connections (all wifi) untrusted for some strange reason. Unfortunately this PC is unsupervised switches on a 2AM does its work then shuts down. Unfortunately Avast firewall won't allow connections through üntrusted"networks So the PC just does nothing then eventually shuts down. I keep telling Avast they are trusted but it keeps forgetting. this is unacceptable. In 2020 and 2021 it all ran like clockwork. I will  be removing Avast off all my PC if this persists .

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 01:06:51 PM »
Since 22.1 Arrived every time part of it updates it deems all my network connections (all wifi) untrusted for some strange reason. Unfortunately this PC is unsupervised switches on a 2AM does its work then shuts down. Unfortunately Avast firewall won't allow connections through üntrusted"networks So the PC just does nothing then eventually shuts down. I keep telling Avast they are trusted but it keeps forgetting. this is unacceptable. In 2020 and 2021 it all ran like clockwork. I will  be removing Avast off all my PC if this persists.
Repair Avast:
1. Avast GUI -> Settings -> Troubleshooting
2. Click on 'REPAIR APP'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 01:26:02 PM »
Anyone else experiencing WiFi disconnection or slow connection issues? 
I also installed the firewall with Avast Free.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline Dinobot2

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2022, 01:08:12 AM »
I just updated to the 22.1 and after restarting, I noticed two things

1. My custom scans were erased
2. My scan history no longer included results from the weekly scans (from previous custom scan).

All of my other settings, it appeared, were still in tact; just the aforementioned scan issues.

I restored settings from a settings file I saved in December 2021, restarted my computer, checked the settings, and the custom scan was back as well as my previous scan history.

Anyone else run into this issue? Was restoring the settings what did it for me or was a simple restart all that was needed?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2022, 10:54:03 AM »
I just updated to the 22.1 and after restarting, I noticed two things

1. My custom scans were erased
2. My scan history no longer included results from the weekly scans (from previous custom scan).

All of my other settings, it appeared, were still in tact; just the aforementioned scan issues.

I restored settings from a settings file I saved in December 2021, restarted my computer, checked the settings, and the custom scan was back as well as my previous scan history.

Anyone else run into this issue? Was restoring the settings what did it for me or was a simple restart all that was needed?
Hi, see: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=317994.msg1680556#msg1680556

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2022, 08:21:37 PM »
However, in my opinion, from my tests done on my PC (Windows 10), the ransoware protection in Avast Free (latest version) is not very effective and should be strengthened.
On Sunday I did a second test by running a ransoware on my PC disabling file protection (simulating a zero-day attack) and after a few seconds the behavioral analysis blocked and eliminated the ransoware. Ransoware protection has not provided any warnings. On the desktop the files were all working, but today I realized that the files (audio format) present in a folder that was on the desktop have all been encrypted.

This is the second time in the second test that occurs, that despite the desktop being among the protected folders, the files are encrypted.

So I don't feel safe from zero-day ransoware.

Feedback to the developers.
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2022, 09:46:16 PM »
Sorry but when you disable an element of Avast to run tests weakens your tests.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security