Author Topic: How to get my phone back..  (Read 7729 times)

futurecap

How to get my phone back..
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:21:04 AM »
Hallo! My N97 mini was stolen yesterday. Today i got the noificationmessage. The number, the message came from, begins with +3598833...
Since this is not a german Number i am a little confused. I think, although with getting help from the police i cannot find out the identity of the theft, because its a foreign number... Can you give me a hint?
The gpsdata is n/a.
I sent "2222 UPDATE" but have not get an answer yet. Is it possible, that the heft has done a reset and theft-aware is not installed anymore? So he got sms from me? And what is with the other data? Can I also use imsi or imei to find out the identity of the theft?
Thanks a lot!
Future

Raj.Kashyap

Re: How to get my phone back..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:47:01 AM »
Hallo! My N97 mini was stolen yesterday. Today i got the noificationmessage. The number, the message came from, begins with +3598833...
Since this is not a german Number i am a little confused. I think, although with getting help from the police i cannot find out the identity of the theft, because its a foreign number... Can you give me a hint?
The gpsdata is n/a.
I sent "2222 UPDATE" but have not get an answer yet. Is it possible, that the heft has done a reset and theft-aware is not installed anymore? So he got sms from me? And what is with the other data? Can I also use imsi or imei to find out the identity of the theft?
Thanks a lot!
Future

2222 UPDATE is only example, Try to use your personel passowrd instead of 2222. And he will not get any message, message will be deliver silenlty.
If nothing works then contact to Police.
Best of luck  :)

futurecap

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:03:21 AM »
Ah, ok. Thank you. I think i go to the police tomorrow, I forgot my special number. Could guess it with 3-4 tries, but i dont want the theft to get rid of the phone...
After the link of the message, the phone is still in the town. :-) just figurered out that.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
1. Its "<code> locate" now
2. If you send the wrong code + command, it'll just pass through TA and directly to the inbox visible to the person who has the phone (This happened with earlier versions if Im not wrong)

futurecap

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
1. Its "<code> locate" now
2. If you send the wrong code + command, it'll just pass through TA and directly to the inbox visible to the person who has the phone (This happened with earlier versions if Im not wrong)

@1 so it is not "update", but "locate"?

Is there a possibilty to retrieve a lost password? I am not sure which I defined...

P.s. Police cannot help, since I do not have a location... If i got one, they send a car and get me my phone back, they said.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
Its locate now yes:)
2. Well default access password is 0000 but if it works now I dont know.

deyani

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 10:48:05 AM »
Its kind of hard if police can't trace it... well, if you might have android in the future try program called "prey". Its also cool for laptop.

Rentia

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
Hi

I missed placed my phone (Samsung S5300) and the battery are flat. are there any way
to track it with the avast anti theft

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:07:34 PM »
I missed placed my phone (Samsung S5300) and the battery are flat. are there any way
to track it with the avast anti theft

Sorry, without power no tracking.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Rentia

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
 :-\ Okay, thank u

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »
:-\ Okay, thank u

You're welcome. Hope you'll find it anyway.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0