Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 2120 times)

Security Begins

Hey Everyone!
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm an online entrepreneur and a web programmer in the making. I own a blog inwhich I write about everyday online stuff. I generate most of my profit from the AdSense that is on the page.

I have always been interested in viruses and how they operate, therefor I am here, the Avast community, to hopefully learn more.

I have had (non malicious) experience with RAT's and Keylogger's and Crypters, viewing the code from all of them in C++ and learning about how they operate (Hey, I can't read C++ too well but I googled most of the functions ^.^)

Anyway,

I use Avast and have for the past... however long I have had this computer for. Whenever I scan an object, there is no wait between it scanning?
I quite literally click scan and it comes up "scan complete, no threats found" I'm not sure if Avast is actually that quick to scan (I have 4.2GHz Quad Core) and I am sure that my computer isn't just being slow about it. However when I use Malwarebytes, it takes it's time and looks like it's actually scanning. If anyone can issue me with a reason for this, I would be great full.

To finish up:
My aim is to create an online community where people can live privately and with trust. It will also be dedicated to security, e.g a online app with something like a Virus Total sort of thing. However that requires skill and money, which I'm pretty low on at the moment. But hey, still got some years in front of my death bed.

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
If you have some creative ideas.

Why not try raise funds at Kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com

CharleyO

Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »