Author Topic: Strange email problem  (Read 2660 times)

nikubaela

Strange email problem
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:49:10 AM »
I have 2 phone on which i use Avast.  One is a LG Motion with android 4.0.4, the other is a Samsung admire with android 2.3.6.  Neither phone has been rooted.  On the Admire I keep having an issue where my email stops syncing.  I checked my sync settings and the are all on but shows the day it stopped syncing.   I have tried a few things with settings but the only way I can get it to sync again it by removing Avast Anti-theft.  Once i remove it the email syncs and i put Anti theft back on.  A few days later I notice that it stopped syncing again.  I repeat the same steps to get it to work again and I am good for a few days again,  I have gone through the process several times now.  I have made sure is have the newest versions from Google Play Store.  The LG Motion does not have this problem nor did my previous device the LG Esteem.

reinhardholzner

Re: Strange email problem
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »
this seems to be a problem specific to your phone, as we do not modify any sync settings. unfortunately i think there is no easy solution to that. you can send me a ADB log maybe that gives more info (but i dont suspect so).

nikubaela

Re: Strange email problem
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 04:57:40 AM »
I updated the android os on the phone which essentially did a factory reset yesterday and then re-installed Avast and the few apps i use on this phone.  I am not sure exactly what could be causing the email issue but it is not a constant problem, it works for a while then stops.  I will send an ADB log if it happens again.