Author Topic: Avast! Installation!!!  (Read 2814 times)

JojoFrench

Avast! Installation!!!
« on: February 10, 2005, 07:07:40 PM »
Hello! :)

I've got a screenshot.  ;D
Note that i have installed the version 4.6 today !
Avast! works well, without any errors... But what's this log signification? ::)
I'm embarrassed when i see ".... Not okay"! :-[

I'm only 13 and i'm french, so, my english can't be perfect ! ;)

Thanks...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast! Installation!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 08:13:49 PM »
I think that that should read 'Not Installed' as they would appear to be related to the Pro version and I assume you are using the Home version.

Your english is much better than my french and I can understand it perfectly !

Does there appear to be anything wrong? If not no problem, if there is, I would suggest that you try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, avast! Anti-Virus, Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.5.6116 (build 24.5.9153.762) UI 1.0.808/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

JojoFrench

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 09:15:15 PM »
Okay. I've done the repair program.
 :D
But (I am very curious!) I can see theses lines in the log (see picture)... Why the log says that WebShield service had an error, but the WebShield is currently active and functionnal ?
Thanks! ;D

Fast

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 01:44:09 AM »
Bonjour JoJo
By the looks of your post, I assume that you are running XP.
The "error"-code indicates a phenomena that is typical for XP and is nothing to worry about. It's caused by the memory paging and protection-schemes of your operating system and is "normal" behaviour.

Fast

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 09:32:51 AM »
I believe that's nothing to worry about.
You know, the log files are designed mostly to be read by us, not by the users ;) - so some of the messages may be slightly misleading.

I believe the "not okay" message simply means something like "the package currently installed is not the latest one, so the update should be downloaded".
Additionally, the error code 420 means "An instance of the service is already running" - so, starting the service has failed, but it's not a real problem, because it's already running :)