Author Topic: stolen cell phone  (Read 2920 times)

yankee0072012

stolen cell phone
« on: November 21, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »
hi all,
i m new to this forum. i have installed anti theft on my cell before it was stolen. i got sms from the new no. after sim card was changed.
1. i m unable to fetch location of the cell phone and sms says 'timed out'. why?
2. i have not marked phone as stolen through sms or web site. what happens when the phene is marked stolen/lost.
3. are the sms sent by the new user(thief) sim recorded on the phone.  does he come to know that sms are being sent automatically.
4. how position is recorded and send to friends list no. pls explain.
i m worried before taking any action because i don't want him to throw the mobile or sim he is using  in anticipation of being caught.

pls help

Offline Werner

• Advanced Poster
Re: stolen cell phone
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »
Dear Customer,

please consult our manual to find out how our app works:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
it will help you understand the basics of the software.
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

99% of all questions asked are also already answered in the FAQ
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1034&nav=0&group=eng

reinhardholzner

Re: stolen cell phone
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
ad 1: seems the phone can not get its GPS location
ad 2: whatever you defined as protection behaviour (e.g. lock, siren ... and it will track the location)
ad 3: no he will not see those sms
ad 4: i do not understand that question

hi all,
i m new to this forum. i have installed anti theft on my cell before it was stolen. i got sms from the new no. after sim card was changed.
1. i m unable to fetch location of the cell phone and sms says 'timed out'. why?
2. i have not marked phone as stolen through sms or web site. what happens when the phene is marked stolen/lost.
3. are the sms sent by the new user(thief) sim recorded on the phone.  does he come to know that sms are being sent automatically.
4. how position is recorded and send to friends list no. pls explain.
i m worried before taking any action because i don't want him to throw the mobile or sim he is using  in anticipation of being caught.

pls help