Author Topic: Antitheft-updates  (Read 6062 times)

blakenz

Antitheft-updates
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
Everytime I update through avast through googleplay, It seems to disable the antitheft feature, and reports it from the myavast web interface. Is this just me?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Antitheft-updates
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »
They should work independently.
Sometimes, when AMS is updates, the AT (a standlone tool) is also updated and so, needs to be enabled again).
The best things in life are free.

blakenz

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 03:02:53 AM »
Yeah thanks, It should update by itself without google play too yeah?

svehlak

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »
Both apps are sharing some settings, so in some cases this could happen - in this case the antitheft will report it as problem. Antitheft has its own secure way (not via Play) for updating.

lawman6253

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:23:26 PM »
I believe the same thing is happening recently to me. I logged into the Avast Portal and found that the website was reporting that my Anti-Theft was not installed. However, it is installed on my device. So, from the notifications from the Avast Portal, I noticed that it shows that the Anti-Theft was uninstalled but did not report that it was re-installed. I repeated this twice and same thing.

I originally updated from the software update within the app. Later there was another update from Google Play market. Now my Avast Portal is inconsistent. It says I cannot send any commands to launch the GPS tracking or to LOCK the device.

From the app on the phone and running its diagnostics settings check, it says everything is great and synced with the online portal. So there seems to be a miscommunication here. Left hand not talking to the right hand.

I also checked for any ODEX files, but there were none. The only file shown in system/app folder is com.avast.android.antitheft.apk (not .odex)

I believe the independent updates from the app and then from Google Play market caused the settings to be not aligned with the Avast Portal?

Is there any fix? I uninstalled and re-installed the Anti-Theft as a rooted installation (using Direct Method). It was successful both times, but Avast Portal says that Anti-Theft is not installed.

I'm using a custom ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Prior to any Anti-Theft updates, everything was working well.

lawman6253

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
Also, when I try to disconnect from my Avast account, and I enter my PIN, it says "The service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later." I was trying to see if I disconnect and re-connect to my Avast account to see if it would sync and update its settings. But since I cannot disconnect, I'll wait and see if you have anyone else with similar issues.

My Lookout was not as good as the Avast Mobile Security but it had zero issues with upgrading from previous older releases.

lawman6253

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
My version of Anti-Theft is v2.0.2627.

blakenz

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 03:23:49 AM »
Yeah same kind of problem here, Have to set it up all over again

reinhardholzner

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
we're working on the unpairing issue.

lawman6253

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
Is this working yet? I can't disconnect from the server. I've tried with WIFI enabled and disabled. If I can disconnect from server and reconnect, I think this will fix the Web Portal issue of not being in sync.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 11:04:21 AM »
can you try again?

lawman6253

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
Did not work.

Offline tomas.tunkl

• Avast team
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Hi, we have fixed issue which could also fix your problem. Could you try again please. No reinstall needed. Thank you