Author Topic: Prepaid SIM-Card change + LBE privacy guard  (Read 3978 times)

instru

Prepaid SIM-Card change + LBE privacy guard
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:56:07 PM »
Dear Community,

It has been three weeks since my Galaxy Note 2 has been professionaly stolen. At this moment my battery was dead. Since that day I haven't reeceived any signal from the handy on 'my avast Account'. Before the theft I have carefully configured Anti-Theft on my handy. Thats way I'm afraid that the thefts have directly reflashed the phone and therefore disabled AntiTheft.

I am asking me some question which I kindly want to ask in this forum:

- What if a prepaid SIM-Card has been entered in the phone, where no money is left? Is AntiTheft still able to send a SMS with the information to my friends? Does it wait till the SIM has been recharged?
- I have LBE privacy guard installed on my phone. Unfortunately, I haven't secured the access to this app. Is it possible to disable AntiTheft with that app?
- Is there another way to locate the phone, i.e. with the MAC-address or IMEI with the support of Google or Samsung?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

binhvirile

Re: Prepaid SIM-Card change + LBE privacy guard
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
Hello,
First of all, it's not good sound to hearing about your phone stolen.  :(
Since AntiTheft SIM replacing report based on send SMS via the replaced SIM, in case the SIM out of charge, it is impossible to send an SMS to your friend number.
Have you tried sending an LOST SMS Command to your lost phone number?

instru

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:26:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I have tried everything, but since the battery was dead I couldn't communicate with the phone. The same would happen if the thieves shut down the phone immediately...

instru

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
Any other ideas concerning locating with IMEI/MAC-Address and LBE Security?

Also, is there really no chance to prevent reflashing the phone when Anti-Theft is installed?

Thanks

binhvirile

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 02:20:15 AM »
I am sorry, it seems hard to find out your phone since it is unable to connect to your phone :(.

svehlak

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
Well, hard situation. The new SIM card is sending SMS with location, but the new SIM must have some plan or prepaid services. Off course you can use the portal solution, in case you did pair your device before theft - this service is reachable via internet, so the prepaid services is not a condition in this case. Sadly, in case the thief has been able to flash new ROM, I am afraid no application /incl. LBE/ did survive so the device is lost. Did you try to send any other commands, like siren or wipe? Btw. today is not possible to prevent flashing the device via antitheft. Did you at least receive any message after the theft? Like new IMEI and phone number etc.?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 04:50:11 PM »
Btw. today is not possible to prevent flashing the device via antitheft.
A constant wish of mine...
The best things in life are free.

instru

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 02:12:48 PM »
Thanks a lot for the replies.
No, I did not get any new information. The portal always says it is secured and tells me that the last communication happened 33 days ago.