Author Topic: Trllian Messenger - Email Awareness notifier, not a "client"  (Read 2061 times)

CheetahFTL

Trllian Messenger - Email Awareness notifier, not a "client"
« on: January 18, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »
Hello,
I have tried searching both the AVAST & Trillian site forums, but can't seem to find anything there, so will ask here.

I've been using Avast for years, love it.
Also been using Trillian for years, also a good product, to consolidate various Internet Messengers into a single interface.
I also happen to use Thunderbird as my primary email client. (Windows 7 Pro, x64).

Trillian's connection will notify an account user if they have new, unread email associated with that account.
A click on Trillian on this will open up a browser for web-based mail. Trillian, in and of itself, is not a mail client, but the connection perhaps appears to Avast to be an "email client".

I have set Thunderbird to not use Secure Connections to mail servers, letting AVAST handle it.

I continue to get AVAST pop ups warning me to disable SSL/TLS in my Trillian mail client for an IMAP email account at 173.194.75.108, (appears to be Google), but can't find any within Trillian to "disable SSL/TLS" on this connection.

Anyway we can disable this awareness pop up, and allow AVAST & Trillian to play nicely together?
Other than the pop-up annoyance, (attachment), not seeing any other adverse affects of operation of either software.

Curious to your thoughts on this? Am I missing something some where?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Trllian Messenger - Email Awareness notifier, not a "client"
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »
you can turn off the pop up notification in avast mailshield settings

CheetahFTL

Re: Trllian Messenger - Email Awareness notifier, not a "client"
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
Awesome! Thank you.

Also found a setting in Trillian via their forums to "Alert me when new mail arrives" setting per account which I disabled, as another option to address this.