Author Topic: New avast update issue  (Read 6011 times)

Vilcek

New avast update issue
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »
Hi

After todays new uprage for Avast on Android I have a issue to connect. Error message says: failed to connect to ff-at.avast.com/77.234.40.44 (port 443) after 10000ms.

I tried following solutions: connection via 3g, wifi, reinstalling the whole software.

Nothing helps. I have a working internet connection on the phone with no issues

Thank for support
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:00:12 PM by Vilcek »

saddameu

Re: New avast update issue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »
thanks god,i`m trying for 1 hour to fix this problem.I thought I was the only one.Reinstalled it 2 times and still nothing.I was able to send commands from my account to the phone, the phone got the commends but the phone couldn `t report back to avast account.

Vilcek

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
yes it looks like something is screwed up in the new update  :-\

how did you find out the the phone is receiving the messages? For me the avast web pages tells me that the Google cloud messaging is not working properly

saddameu

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:40 PM »
I`ve sent from my avast account to locate the phone, the phone got his gps activated so it got the command but it didin`t reported back the location.It worked trough the sms command.Is something wrong with the remote control from web.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:06:32 PM »
can you use adb
try

adb shell
ping ff-at.avast.com

i just see the servers running and working right now...

Vilcek

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:14:02 PM »
yes the ping is working that means that there is something wrong with the new update, other apk witch are using google cloud messaging are working fine

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:36:02 PM »
its fixed, was a internet provider issue blocking some traffic for our servers. please retry.

Vilcek

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »
yes I can confirm that, it is fixed....

saddameu

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
is ok now but the locate function seems so laggy.Is it because of the update?Is awkward that if my phone`s wifi is ON and i send from the web a locate command, is takes 2-3 min to respond(a lot and a lot of battery use) but if I send a locate command and right after it another one,I get the second one almost instantaneous and the first is still with no answer.Can someone explains this behavior?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »
is ok now but the locate function seems so laggy.Is it because of the update?Is awkward that if my phone`s wifi is ON and i send from the web a locate command, is takes 2-3 min to respond(a lot and a lot of battery use) but if I send a locate command and right after it another one,I get the second one almost instantaneous and the first is still with no answer.Can someone explains this behavior?

Just for clarification, the update did not change anything in Anti-Theft.

Filip

saddameu

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
ok but could you please explain me the locate command behavior?I can make a video for you if I was not specific enough.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:20 PM »
I can't, sorry, you will have to wait for Reinhard.

Filip

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=113966.0
the second command is faster since the android locate process is still active.